Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

R5 project slow to open

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there
It has been approx. 2 weeks that my R5 HTML project has been very slow to open on my PC (15-20 min) and what seems to take a long time is getting the DB info, not the VSS update (our project is linked to source control - VSS).
My colleague, who works on the same project as me, does not have this problem. The project takes 5 mins to load on her PC and I believe my issue is not CPD-related as we often give our CPD file to each other when our own CPD is corrupt. I asked her for her CPD file last week and it has not solved the problem. (CPD file is not saved onto VSS).
My PC spec is good (2 Gb RAM, 120 GB free space, dual core) and until approx. 2 weeks ago, our project used to load up quickly on it. I am using Windows XP.
Is there anything I can do to speed things up? Do you think that something has been corrupted?
Thanks in advance for your help & advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm fairly sure that the cpd file is a machine-specific file (as well as the hhp, pss, and ldb files).

You'd do better checking out Peter Grainge's topic on opening projects.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp