• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Default Topic page in a new window

Feb 29, 2008 Feb 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am new to RoboHelp HTML. I have recently started using it for work and was asked to look into something.
I am using version 7.

The problem we have is that the RoboHelp html files are being incorporated into a web application. There is a link in the application called "User Guide". This link opens up the RoboHelp html files in the same browser window as the application. Therefore, when the user wishes to go back to the application or close the help files, he/she can't because it's all in one window and the application has session (so it wont let you go back to the application if you are in the help).

I know it's possible to simply add a Target="_blank" to the actual "User Guide" link on the application side - for it to open the help files in a new browser window.

However, I wanted to know if there is any way to configure the RoboHelp HTML to start the inital page - default topic in a new window from the actual RoboHelp software.

Can someone shed some light on this please?

I hope my question is clear enough, like I said, I am new to RoboHelp so my apologies if I haven't explained myself clearly enough or used the right words.

Anyways, let me know.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Estel-mm and welcome to our community

Your requirement cannot be met with simple use of RoboHelp HTML. It will likely require hand crafting some special JavaScript function to make it work. And here's the rub. Assuming you get it to work, it may have an adverse effect in that if you configure the default topic to open this way and your end user just happens to land on that Default topic again, poof! Another new window.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick.

I appreciate the reply.

The reason I was asking if there was anyway to do it from RoboHelp is because for them to change the "User Guide" link on the application side will take weeks because they need to Re-test the whole application.

Thanks again,

Marco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp