• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VB Form Properties Output

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2008 Feb 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(RoboHelp X5/HTML Help output): I am doing major re-work on eight projects. In the past I have kept an Excel file for each project as a reference for Context Mappings. I have columns for Menu, Menu Item, Window (Title Bar/"Caption") Name (so I know how to get to the window in question when running the program), and then Help Context ID mapping number and the Topic Name columns. So I would fill in all the info and then give it the VB programmer to assign the Help Context property in each VB form. (Gee, I hope that makes sense...)

So this time I want to start fresh, and thought I could ask my VB programmer for a report with just the form name (such as frmSelectAccount, for his reference), the Title Bar name (such as Select Account, so I know what window we're talking about), and the existing Help Context ID he has in there, if any. He searched around and said there's no good way to capture/export this information from VB, except to copy and paste the info from each form into Excel. (And this guy knows his stuff, but he's never been asked for anything like this.)

So the question is, do your VB programmers provide this information to you (then how do they output it from VB?), or do you just do what I do, and provide it to them.

(There are many new screens and it would be SOOO much easier for me if they provided a list to me to work with.)

Thank you for any help/ideas.

Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been awhile since I've used it, but can't he generate an .h file with VB? Then you import that map file in RH.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you Leon. I passed your info along to him; we'll see what he comes up with. I don't plan to import the data back into RH - I just want to make sure I don't miss any of his forms. The context-sensitive help is just so useful to the users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp