May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to convert indesign documents to PPT with editable text? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same reply as on the PS forum...no.

You can provide the art in the form of a PNG image to PowerPoint and copy the text from AI, PS or ID into PP.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@b cris – yes, but not for free.
See:

http://www.recosoft.com/press-releases/3133.html

I did not test that solution. If you will try it, please report back how it went…

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory, you can export the InDesign document to PDF and then in Acrobat XI Pro, save as a PowerPoint presentation. That having been said, at best you will end up with the page content of the InDesign document in PowerPoint slides without any context. And many graphical constructs of PDF in general and InDesign in particular have no equivalence in PowerPoint.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was very useful and allowed me to make notes and text changes to send to my designer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recreate the files in Powerpoint, far more effective in my opinion.

I have Cs5.5 and Powerpoint 2003.

Package the CS5.5 file up to gather all the images to one location.

Extract/copy all the text to a word file or directly to the powerpoint stage.

You can then drage the images from the Links Folder directly into Powerpoint.

Powerpoint has a Crop Tool and you can resize images. The PPT presentation becomes a massive file, but you can go through each Format Picture options to resample and trim the cropped images.

I've been able to Place most image formats from .ai to eps, tif to psd to jpg, gif to PNG.

Powerpoint is very versatile in this regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recosoft has an interesting product and I debated trying it out, but IMO your trial version registration is completely ridiculous. "You must provide a proper reason to obtain the trial (mentioning I want to try, I want to test etc is not a proper reason). You need to explain your Workflow Requirement." Seriously? Isn't the reason for a trial version to test things out? You want people to justify in detail why they want to try the software or drop $200 on faith? Just add a watermark or something instead of making me write you a novel about why I interested. I just closed the window and googled other companies with similar products.

@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amy – if you have a chance, you could test exporting a PDF from InDesign, open it in the new Acrobat Pro DC (CC subscription version preferred) and export to PowerPoint.

I made some tests with this functionality. The conversion will not be perfect, but good enough not to start from scratch in PowerPoint. I did not test extensively…

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have just installed ID2Office. Unfortunately, it is more than 30 min trying to start my InDesign CC2017 x64 , and waiting still!

It seems there is an integration problem, and I need to uninstall ID2Office.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be honest! It worked out, finally, and I am very satisfied with the results so far! I have converted 3 pages of an InDesign file, including Arabic text, and it was amazing to see it in PowerPoint in the same font styles and format! REALLY IMPRESSED!

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested this ID2Office on an Arabic document on Mac platform, it didn't convert Arabic well at all even though the fonts were good. I also tested PDF2Office on a PDF with Arabic content, it failed there too.

Do you want to share more details?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paul. I'm communicating with support team already. Hopefully I get to understand the plug-in better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought full package ID2Office v2.1 and testing as we speak. Different images on 1 page seem to be grouped as 1 image in the ppt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tnx for the very fast reply, very appreciated! I understand the issue, but what's the use then if images are an issue? It's Indesign, a graphical software, the idea of not being available today is a bit odd.  When I export to .ps from ID, then use Distiller, and then export to PPT from Acrobat PRO DC I have a better result with the images? (and we need Acrobat anyway, so why spend 199$/year then?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines