• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have lost my Adobe Flash Player, I have Windows 8.1 and IE 11 please help

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me to get my flash player back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lynns84819676,

What do you mean 'lost your Flash Player'?

Please see the FAQ Flash Player Issues | Windows 8

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I have been to that page so many times it's not funny. completed all steps and still no results, any other ideas? Thanks for responding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly does "lost my flash player' mean?  Did you delete the Flash Player files?

Microsoft distributes Flash Player update for IE on Windows 8.  Have you tried running Windows Update?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

look, if I have deleted my files, it is because the adobe site told me to, if indeed flash is built into windows 8 and I have deleted those files, I need to know how to reinstall.....are you able to help with that ???????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the official Flash Player documentation states to delete Flash Player for IE files from Windows 8 and above.  In fact, it contains warning text stating specifically not to do so.

First lets check to see if the files exist on the system.  Please do the following:

1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  2. Check if the following files exist: activex.vch, Flash.ocx, FlashUtil_Activex.dll, and FlashUtil_Activex.exe (note that these files do not have a version number in the file name)
  3. If you have a 64-bit system, also check C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash directory for the existence of the same files

Post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum) of the contents of these directories in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're reply is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines