• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Flash19 installation crash at 55% during download portion? (Win7, Firefox 41.0.1)

Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried everything, still stops at around 55% every time...says 'downloading' then it goes to FINISH, and takes me to try again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi madcowmon,

To further investigate this issue, can you please provide us the following log files . If you have a few minutes, Please do the following:

1. Download the online installer from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
  2. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace inside your %temp% directory (C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\).  The file extension itself is .trace, not .txt or anything else.
    • To create the empty text file, navigate to the %temp% directory, right-click in an empty area and select New > Text Document
    • Rename the new file to ADM.trace

3.  Run the online installer again until the error is returned.

4. The FlashInstall.log file located at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  If this is a 64-bit OS, there's another FlashInstall.log file located at C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macrodmed\Flash.  We require both files from a 64-bit OS.

5. Two files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log will be generated.  The files are located at the following location - C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs

6. Upload the files using the How to share a document instructions

• Post the following information in your reply:
      • URL to the uploaded log files

Thanks,

Eswar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK tried install again, same result, but got to about 57% this time.

Here are the files generated:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please do the following steps

Now download the flash player installer from Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

• Go down to the bottom where it says, "Still having problems?". Click on the link for your browser.
  • Run the installer.

Thanks,

Eswar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I tried your suggestion, but as I've encountered before, uninstaller and installer both tell me that Flash settings manager is running, close it and try again.  I don't see it running in applications, processes, or services in task manager.  WTF?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi madcowmon,

When you view Task Manager to see if the Settings Manager (FlashPlayerApp.exe) is running, are  you selecting 'Show processes from all users'?  If not please try that.

If that's still unsuccessful and FlashPlayerApp.exe is not displaying in the Task Manager when viewing processes for all users, please do the following:

1. Launch Windows Explorer
  2. Navigate to the following location:
    1. on 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32
    2. on 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\SysWOW64
  3. Look for FlashPlayerApp.exe
  4. If the file is there, what is the file size?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

All Users is checked, and file size for FlashPlayerApp.exe is 761KB

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try to delete the FlashPlayerApp.exe file from the file system location?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found and deleted the file.  Now what?  I dont want to do ANOTHER system restore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi madcowmon,

Sorry for the late reply.

Please try a clean uninstall and install:

If either the uninstall or the install do not work, provide the FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash (if this is a 64-bit OS, the FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash is also required).  Upload the file(s) to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions How to share a document or some other file sharing service of your choice.  Post the link to the uploaded file(s) in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Just want to let tech department know that another user (particularly me) is having pretty much the same trouble, but there's a difference that my notebook in question is pretty old (about 6 years old for sure) and it is Windows XP there, and not going to bother upgrading it to anything even more demanding. Up till now everything worled fine. Then I tried to update (yesterday). It didn't went well (just as described). So I've also tried everything (all the suggestions by Adobe) and nothing changed the way this impotent installation behaved... I am sorrowful I unistalled Flash player I had before and altogether tried to update it. Now I am asking myself, why on Earth?.. Why indeed. Why update if it screws you like that. You noticed, probably, that I am very woebegone. I'm really depressed. But what can I do? I'll sleep and check this forum later. Hope there'll be some .. enlightment here. Wish us all have luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Flash18 to see if that helped too.  When it didn't, I used Windows restore point to go back and at least have Flash 18 to use.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me guess you used their wonderful online installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carm01 , You are 100% correct, indeed! You know where to look, dude! And you've pointed it exactly into the root of the problem. Giving you a round of applause for that, no answer from the tech support is needed anymore. They keep it quite anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the link in my profile. I created an app ( standalone exe ) that will uninstall, clean up and reinstall the latest flash player version, no hassle. It will not fix any broken settings lol

Adobe has the mentality of a brick when it comes to simplifying things, and points you to that online installer that wants you to install their certified bloatware; that's the only reason they can't keep it simple

Hope that helps

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the standalone.exe link in your profile?  Can you link to it here?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK just saw this...this is for 64-bit, do you have one for 32-bit win7?  Or will this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup used online installer...will try your fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines