• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC navigation missing with MAC

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC users, regardless of browser cannot navigate the TOC. I am using WebHelp Pro in RHx5. Any suggestion? Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2008 Mar 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

MACs are not my area but as no one is picking this up...

You say you are using WebHelp Pro. That has to be published to a server with RoboEngine installed. Is that the case? Maybe you are unaware that the Pro version is not just an upmarket form of webhelp, it is meant to work with RoboEngine and without that, it is useless.

Have you tried ordinary webhelp?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lauri K.
As Peter has suggested, you need RH Server to publish WebHelp Pro output. RH Server uses the Windows component IIS so I doubt whether MACs are supported. That said, like Peter, MACs are not area of expertise either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lauri,

If you still have a problem on Mac, some things to look at:

Generate DHTML > Java Applet > HTML

Mac won't use DHTML from RH5, but will follow RH's built-in alternative code.

Also, have a look at Peter's topic on Browsers. Some of the code patches he suggests should help you.

Harvey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit www.grainge.org for a range of RoboHelp and authoring related topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much! All very helpful comments and the grainge.org site is fantastic. I inherited this app and am struggling to learn as I go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp