• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording with microphone

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2007 Jun 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dowonloaded the free version of Captivate 2 and the software doesn't detect the microphone to calibrate the audio. The microphone works properly with all the other programs I have in my computer. Are somebody there with the same problem and knows how I can resolve it? Thanks in advance and I hope some help.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2007 Jun 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi enriquefernandez and welcome to our user community

Firstly, I'd like to toss out a huge clarification. There is no "Free version of Captivate 2". I'm assuming you are referring to the 30 day trial version here.

Secondly, there are numerous posts in these forums where folks cite all sorts of issues with Captivate no recognizing microphones. I will say that we often see reports that the microphones connecting via USB often fail, where the type that connect to the sound card using the round jack connectors usually work. So is your mic one of the USB types? If so, maybe that has something to do with it.

If your audio card is one made by RealTek, Captivate has issues with those. And fortunately, Adobe has created a patch for this situation that seems to help. You may view the article and obtain the patch by clicking here.

Hopefully something here was helpful to you. Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2007 Jun 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Rick,

Yes. I am using the 30 days trial version and my audio is RealTek. I have downloaded the Adobe Captivate 2 cumulative hotfix (1&2) you have advised to me and after installation, the software works perfectly.

Thank you very much por your appreciated help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2007 Aug 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: Captiv8r
Hi enriquefernandez and welcome to our user community

Firstly, I'd like to toss out a huge clarification. There is no "Free version of Captivate 2". I'm assuming you are referring to the 30 day trial version here.

Secondly, there are numerous posts in these forums where folks cite all sorts of issues with Captivate no recognizing microphones. I will say that we often see reports that the microphones connecting via USB often fail, where the type that connect to the sound card using the round jack connectors usually work. So is your mic one of the USB types? If so, maybe that has something to do with it.

If your audio card is one made by RealTek, Captivate has issues with those. And fortunately, Adobe has created a patch for this situation that seems to help. You may view the article and obtain the patch by clicking here.

Hopefully something here was helpful to you. Cheers... Rick

Sir, you ROCK..thanks for the hotfix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2007 Jul 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for this. Is there a similar fix for Captivate 1 as well? i'm having same problem with Capticate 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2007 Jul 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jackeapen

Sorry, but no. Nor is there likely to ever be one. That version was branded as Macromedia Captivate. It's all Adobe now, as Adobe acquired Macromedia a while back.

Sorry... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources