• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error When Opening DRM Protected Files

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to open DRM protected files on my e-reader. I am able to open the files on my computer but when I transfer them to my ereader and open them I get the message "this document is protected by DRM and is currently not authorized for use with your Adobe ID'. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ADE 3 times. I have unauthorized and reauthorized my computer and ereader 3 times. This has not fixed the problem. I am using ADE4.5. After the most recent reinstall, reauthorization I downloaded a book off Adobe's website. When I tried to open it I got the same error message. Any other fixes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - I have now gone back to ADE 3. After fixing the authorization error I am still getting the same error DRM message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eBooks was linked with the Adobe ID which war authorize by the first open. Has the eBook open without Authorization or has Digital Edition authorize befor open the eBook the first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nanasky, I'm not sure I understand your question but will try to respond....

The ebook is linked by the Adobe ID that is assigned to my computer. This ID is also assigned to my ereader. The ebook has only ever been opened/attempted to be opened by a device with that ID.

One additional thing I have observed...ADE now has a graphic that includes a small cloud with a check mark in the upper right hand corner of the book cover image. Is there an update that includes some sort of cloud access that is causing this issue and others? I am not also seeing book reappearing that I have delete/returned. These cover images have the cloud with what appears to be a downward pointing arrow over an underscore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Problem is that the eBook are linked with a other Adobe ID. Its no error with the Cloud. So ask his Seller of the eBook for a new Download. When you has download the eBook to to the authorize Device its must work with the adobe ID and its seems a error with the eBook itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines