Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I sync PDF on laptop with ipad device

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple question I think!

I'm new to Digital Editions. I downloaded an ebook and it synced seamlessly with the DE on my ipad. However I have now added a PDF doc to my DE software on my laptop and it doesn't show up on the DE library of my ipad.

I want to read this PDF offline on an aircraft..

How can I get the PDF to sync with the DE installed on my device?

I notice that the ebook I have has a little cloud and a tick over it in the library of the laptop but not for the PDF doc

I just want all my library on my laptop to sync with my ipad (is this not what DE does??) maybe I missed the point.

p.s. I have read the very poor documentation on this and cant find any references to what syncs and how.

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Version of Digital Edition do you used on his Device and on his iPad?
You must used the same Version of DIgital Edition so that work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4.5 on ipad and 4.5.126523 on laptop.. So, both the same version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works it with ePubs? Or have the Problem only with PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only book I have, synced ok. The problem is with my own PDF files (i.e. not downloaded from a publisher)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDFs which are not eBooks was not work. When you want read in iPad you should download directly in the memory of the iPad. The same has not work by me. Also syncro with Digital Edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So much for a seamless experience! Thanks. Think I'll find an alternative eBook reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its think it was in the future. But its a new function in a costfree product. So we need just patience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines