Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSH not working

Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help me please! I have been pulling my hair out for almost two days now trying to resolve this. We have upgraded to RoboHelp HTML 7 and have had to convert some old .hlp help projects to a .chm. I imported these using RoboHelp - followed everything according to the book and successfully created the .chm help files. However the Map ID's do not work. The exe's are created in Visual FoxPro 8 and our developer has the right map ID's for the windows. I have checked that these ID's are correctly mapped to the topics and have use the CSH test tool and they work fine using this. However it refuses to work when called up from the application. It loads the help - but to the default topic only. Stangely we did another conversion using RoboHelp for word (same version) and this worked? Why would one work and not the other? On this topic my RoboHelp for word (office 2007) has just stopped working!! I can create a project - but when I try and compile - nothing happens?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 05, 2008 Mar 05, 2008
Hi - Thanks again to Pete for trying to help. I eventually managed to resolve this problem myself. The application was calling up ID's from separate modules. Each of these modules had a separate help and I think the Map Id's where somehow conflicting. I've concluded that it's on the application end and nothing to do with RoboHelp, phew.

It still has not been completely resolved, however I have managed to get to the root of the problem and have ruled RoboHelp out as being the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and welcome,

Is the developer shipping all the files required to call HTML Help files from a FoxPro application? With FoxPro 7.0 at least, two additional files are required in order for HTML Help files to work properly: FoxHHelp7.exe and FoxHHelpPS7.dll. Maybe version 8.0 is the same.

Here's a Microsoft Knowledge Base article on the problem:

"PRB: HTML Help Does Not Work from VFP Application"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314296

Some additional resources on using HTML Help with FoxPro applications are listed at the end of the following page:

http://www.mshelpwiki.com/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=HTMLHelpArticles

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete, thanks for the reply.

Yes, both FoxHHelp8.exe and FoxHHelpPS8.dll have been registered
Although those links were useful, they still did not provide a solution to my problem. I have also tried Adobe support and 3 days have passed without an answer - I have to admit - it's a tough one.

I seem to have a knack for attracting these bizarre problems, anyway this one has become just a little more than a nuisance - we are have to publish the help in a few days and the F1 functionality is still not working. I find it hard to believe that no one else has suffered a similar problem to ours. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi - Thanks again to Pete for trying to help. I eventually managed to resolve this problem myself. The application was calling up ID's from separate modules. Each of these modules had a separate help and I think the Map Id's where somehow conflicting. I've concluded that it's on the application end and nothing to do with RoboHelp, phew.

It still has not been completely resolved, however I have managed to get to the root of the problem and have ruled RoboHelp out as being the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp