• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I bought an e-reader yesterday (Kobo Glo HD) and installed Adobe Digital Editions to be able to buy e-books online and transfer them to my Kobo. I initially authorized my device (laptop) without an Adobe ID, bought and downloaded a book (.acsm file), but then found out that the license was bound to my laptop, disallowing me to open the book (.epub) on my e-reader.

I then went back to Adobe Digital Editions, undid the initial account-less authorization, and re-authorized my laptop using an Adobe account I created. Unfortunately, I then got the error “E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER”, which prevented me from opening the book I bought at all.

I requested the folks from whom I bought the book (bol.com) to carry out an activation reset, as suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/e-lic-already-fulfilled.html

Unfortunately, they indicated this is something they’re unable to do.

I also contacted Adobe, but their chat agent referred me to the Adobe forums.

Is there anyone who can help out?

Thanks,

Cristian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You try to open e eBook with the wrong Adobe ID. The problem is you open it without a Adobe ID. You must authorize Digital Edition and Your reader with a Adobe ID. Then ask the Seller of the eBook for a new Download. Then it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nanaky.

The thing is I can't even open the book on my laptop anymore. I somehow need to associate the new Adobe ID with the book, which I bought when I authorised my laptop without an Adobe account. The alternative might be to buy the book again, but that would be a waste of money 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That are right, but you, i and Adobe can not change the association not. This can only the Seller of the eBook. Ask the Seller for a new download. This can you then authorize with the same Adobe ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines