• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting All Topics in Project

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2008 Mar 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to apply my style sheet one topic at a time, but I'd like to know how to select all topics, so that I can apply the style sheet for all topics thereby saving me tons of time. One archived post says that there is a Topics Tab, though I don't have such a tab. I'm running RoboHelp 7. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 07, 2008 Mar 07, 2008
Instead of right-clicking on the selected files (which seems to be disabled), click the Properties of Selected Items button from the toolbar. That's the answer. Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have RH7, but it seems that the previous tabs might be hidden in RH7 until you activate the pod they belong to. (Once you do, it should appear at the bottom right of the Topic pane.)

Once you get the Topics tab, simply select all topics, right click and select Properties > Appearance. Selecting the style sheet in this manner will set the CSS for all selected files.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to View > Pods > Topic List, but nothing launches. RoboHelp has some interesting features, but I have such a difficult time getting to them. I can toggle between Project Set-up and Project Files. I can see Conditional Build Tags. I can also use the TOC just fine. I tried to select all the topics via the TOC, but that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of those basic GUI things that's pretty well explained in the RH Help topic on pods.

In the View menu, select Pods > Topic list.

At the top is a folder dropdown list with All Folders the default.

Here you can click one topic, select All (Edit menu) right-click for a Properties dialog, and apply the style sheet there.

Caution: Check a sampling of topics to see if your style "stuck." If not, use this method:

Select all, as before
Right-click for a Properties dialog and apply the style sheet to all. Use the Apply button only. Do not click OK. Click the X icon at top right in the dialog to close it.
Check a sample to see if it stuck.

Last resort: If your project has more than, say, 100 topics, try selecting a large chunk of the directory, but not the whole thing, and apply the style sheet to that smaller number of topics.

Please report back.

Thanks.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eventually got the correct pod. However, upon selecting all topics, I can't right-click to get any context menu. I can't "Right-click for a Properties dialog and apply the style sheet to all". Right-clicking doesn't launch anything. It's as if it isn't a valid action.

What version of RoboHelp are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of right-clicking on the selected files (which seems to be disabled), click the Properties of Selected Items button from the toolbar. That's the answer. Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all

With RoboHelp 7, things can get pretty screwed up from the standpoint of moving pods around and whatnot. You may have moved things around so that even clicking View > Pods > Topic List doesn't provide the pod you were looking for.

In cases like these, it helps to reset the workspace back to the default. You do this by clicking File > Load Default Environment. Once you do this, clicking View > Pods > Topic List should work.

I'm not sure why right-clicking the selected topics would fail, but I've seen it happen in the classroom for some folks. So I know it's possible!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I found it! 🙂 The other panes were hiding the Topic List. After shrinking the other windows, I could see the Topic List pane. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp