• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can I open CC files in CS6?.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a lot of of templates in CC but not all people has CC so I am planing to make my templates compatible with CS3 (since I am not using any plugin).

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am planing to make my templates compatible with CS3 (since I am not using any plugin).

Forget it. It's simply not possible. You are wasting your time even thinking about it. AE version compatibility is a one-way road. You can go from older versions to newer ones, but not the other way around.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what the F* so the only thing I can do is to repeat the process in CS 3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a system that will run CC then you install CC, open the project in CC and save it as a CS6, then you install CS6, open the saved file in CS5 and so on until you get to the version you want to use. I think it's a typo that you want to use CS3 for your templates because that was from 2008 and I'll bet that there are not many folks out there using CS3...

If you have a CC Subscription you can go all the way back to CS6 and have them all installed on the same machine. That will let you build projects clear back to CS5 compatibility. Just scroll down to find additional apps and check View Previous versions to install earlier versions of AE.

Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 12.44.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey thanks Rick Gerard... you always have a solution for any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

toac60227793 wrote:

what the F* so the only thing I can do is to repeat the process in CS 3?

Yup!  With all the versions of AE on the cloud, the farthest you could backsave would be to CS 5.5.  So I guess it's time to get busy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines