• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try to install Flash, no file download box appears.

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to update my Flash Player. But after I've clicked the 'Download now' button and proceeded on to the next screen I hit a problem.

I have the 'Preparing Installation, please wait...' bar moving along quite nicely until it disappears.

And then I don't get the 'File Download' dialogue box. I don't get the information bar saying 'pop up blocked', I don't get any kind of message from my anti-virus software saying something's going on.

And I cannot find anything on the Flash Player Help/Installation problems thing which accurately describes my problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the standalone download of Flash player. It should fix this issue. Sometimes the software gets buggy and doesn't like to download from the server. By using a standalone, it doesn't have to download twice. Here is a link:

<removed link to potential harmful site>

Let me know if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The moment I clicked this link, it set off a storm of malware.  Please remove this link.

I was genuinely looking for help.  I really don't appreciate this at all.  I created an Adobe account just to address this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Geeks2You

please do not post links to non-Adobe sites to have users download Adobe software.  Official installers are only posted on adobe.com.  I've removed the link from your post.

@thecatsservant

Please provide the info Pat requested so that we may be able to assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries - I went to the Firefox download on this site and it worked a treat!  I now have the latest version and am very happy

Thanks much for the great site.  I'm no techie and I was able to solve my problem using your instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great.  Glad to hear you've been able to successfully install Flash Player and everything is working fine.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've replied in the thread.  Thanks very much.

To: thecatsservant <djinn217@yahoo.co.nz>

Sent: Saturday, 7 November 2015 7:41 AM

Subject: You have been mentioned by m_vargas in Re: When I try to install Flash, no file download box appears. in Adobe Community

|

You have been mentioned

by m_vargas in Re: When I try to install Flash, no file download box appears. in Adobe Community - View m_vargas's reference to you @Geeks2Youplease do not post links to non-Adobe sites to have users download Adobe software.  Official installers are only posted on adobe.com.  I've removed the link from your post.  @thecatsservantPlease provide the info Pat requested so that we may be able to assist.

Participate in the conversation by replying to this email

To stop receiving these messages whenever you are mentioned, go to your preferences and disable notifications for direct social actions. |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system & version?

What is your web browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines