• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to Install Flashplayer Plugg-In for Safari and Fire Fox error 413 Header Length too Large

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to add a flash player plugin for both Safari and Firefox on my Mac. I get directed the Adobe Flash Player download page, once I choose to download the player I get the following error:

413 Header Length too Large.

Both browsers do not have any version of the Flash Player installed.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem except with Windows.  The link provided appears to be for OS X.  How can I get the Flash player for Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer on Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi illucine,

Offline (standalone) installers for Windows are posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and Google releases updates via Chrome updates, as such, we do not post the installer for Flash Player for Chrome.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeromiec83223024 why did the offline installer work? I was having the same issue with my macbook, then I clicked your link and it  finally installed. Why did the offline installer work and not the original website work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure.  The installer technology is provided by a dedicated group inside Adobe.  I don't work on it directly, but it ultimately impacts our product and users, so we try to help as best as we can.

The installation logs should indicate what was failing.  I'd be happy to pass them along to the installer team.

Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This is a known issue with the online installer.  The current work-around is to clear cache, or at least clear the cache for *.adobe.com sites.  It'll work afterwards.  The offline installer is different technology from the online installer and will never exhibit this issue.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines