• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web App item save and submit functions is it possible?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a web app that I want the user to be able to save without triggering a workflow, then come back and edit the content and save again if required then when all is complete submit to that it initiates a workflow and the submitted web app can be checked.

This is to be used for a course so that assignments can be submitted online.

Thanks for your help

Eamon

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

One way to do this, is to use a webform/update-details-form to collect and save the data, they can keep coming back and updating the form, you'll need to put SAR=false on the form action if you want to stop the Autoresponder, and you can easily set the workflow to None on the form itself with in the admin. The thing to note is that you need to use system fields or extended CRM fields in the webform as you can not use custom webform fields in an update details form. Also note the person needs to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way to do this, is to use a webform/update-details-form to collect and save the data, they can keep coming back and updating the form, you'll need to put SAR=false on the form action if you want to stop the Autoresponder, and you can easily set the workflow to None on the form itself with in the admin. The thing to note is that you need to use system fields or extended CRM fields in the webform as you can not use custom webform fields in an update details form. Also note the person needs to be logged in to do all this.

next thing is to send them to the Web App submit form (which should be a mirror of the fields from your previous form) preload all the fields with their customer data and extended CRM data, set the fields to read only so they can't make changes, make it like 'final review' page, then all they need to do is hit the submit button.

Hope this helps - Billy. P.S. Let me know if you need clarification or expansion on any of the points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks BillyBowyer I appreciate your response, sorry for the late reply.

I will give it a try and see how I get on but it all seems fairly straight forward.

Have a great day

Eamon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines