• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flex 4.6 AIR 19 iOS 9 ADT package fail: library not found for -ISystem.B

Contributor ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Immediately upon upgrading to Xcode 7 and trying to debug my Flex AIR project, it fails to package for iOS. This is occurring when attempting to debug on device (iPad 2 iOS 9). Alert:

---------------------------------------

Create iOS Package

Id: library not found for -ISystem.B

Id: library not found for -Igcc_s.1

Compilation failed while executing : Id64

…

Both Adobe Flex 4.6.0 overlaid with AIR 18.0.0.199 and Adobe Flex 4.6.0 overlaid with AIR 19.0.0.193 fail with the same error.

In addition, debugging in the Simulator yields another warning upon launch:

Launch iOS Application

[MT] DVTAssertions: Warning in /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/DVTFrameworks/DVTFrameworks-8201/DVTFoundation/PlugInArchitecture/PlugInManager/DVTPlugInManager.m:257

Details: Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.DVTFoundation.DevicePlatformMapping

Object:

Method: -extensionPointWithIdentifier:

Thread: {number = 1, name = main}

Please file a bug at http://bugreport.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.

The first failure is really the block. I can't meaningfully work on the project until this is addressed. Any fix suggestions welcome, TIA.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Please follow the following Workaround  [Applicable only for MAC]

1. Download and install Latest Xcode version 7 (we tried on xcode7.2 beta )

2. Create a soft link or Copy the ld from Xcode path : /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bi n/ld  to <FLEX_SDK_PATH>/lib/aot/bin/ld64/ld64

I hope it solves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue seems to be an old bug that has resurfaced, tied to the old Adobe Flex compiler, Java, and Xcode: Compilation failed while executing : ld64

For the record, I'm on OS X 10.10.5, with Java 1.8.0_25. Error occurs in both IntelliJ IDEA 15 and Flash Builder 4.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Tried to update Adobe AIr to the newest version 19. Overlaid over Flex 4.6 in Flash Builder. Tried different settings inside the Platform Option file to package ANE.

I'm still getting the missing lib while trying to run the Application on my Iphone 6.

I added in the Platform Option :

<option>-lSystem.B</option>

<option>-lgcc_s.1</option>

But It didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround: Use an earlier iOS SDK, such as 8.1.

I have a separate iOS 8.1 SDK folder that I saved out, and use as the SDK source for the compile. It gives no problems.

This remains a serious open bug with the current release version of AIR 19.0.0.190 and the current beta version of AIR 19.0.0.193 for legacy compiler Flex projects targeting iOS 9 SDK. I haven't yet tested it against a pure ActionScript ASC 2 project, so the problem may be present there as well. I would like to get my AIR project compiled with the iOS 9 SDK as it is headed to the App Store in just a couple of weeks.

The Simulator warning I posted above has gone away after a run of Xcode and a reboot. Possibly a vestigial issue with a fresh Xcode install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compiling with iOS SDK 8.4 also works.

iOS SDK 9.0 remains problematic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xcode 7 has changed the enclosed library file format from .dylib to .tbd. This may be part of the issue. How do I link against .tbd files in Xcode 7? | Apple Developer Forums

The old dylibs seem to still be around in /usr/lib, but I lack the savvy to know how to link to them with AIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the following Workaround  [Applicable only for MAC]

1. Download and install Latest Xcode version 7 (we tried on xcode7.2 beta )

2. Create a soft link or Copy the ld from Xcode path : /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bi n/ld  to <FLEX_SDK_PATH>/lib/aot/bin/ld64/ld64

I hope it solves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Roshan. Copying the file from Xcode 7 (current release version) to the Flex + AIR SDK and renaming it did the trick. I can now debug on device as well as package release builds.

The resulting ld64 is 0.5 MB smaller than the AIR version and doesn't include the Adobe patch modifications, but it is working.

Hopefully this will be addressed as an updated ld64 in a future update to AIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes for sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all the steps you listed. Now when trying to debug through the iOS Simulator I got the following message:

Error occurred while packaging the application:

ld: building for iOS, but linking in object file built for OSX, file 'extensionglue.o' for architecture i386

Compilation failed while executing : ld64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "fix" listed here feels like a real hack. I continue to get anomalous compiling errors using the iOS SDK included with Xcode 7.x. I've given up on this hack and wish I could revoke the "answered" status of this post.

Workaround: I strongly recommend compiling against the SDK included with Xcode 6.4. It's obscured, but you can download older versions of Xcode from the Apple Developer site. Some links listed at ios - How to download Xcode 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 and get the DMG file? - Stack Overflow

You can have two versions of Xcode installed at the same time, just segregate them by name or folder placement. You may also have to run the xcode-select command to mark which version is the active one you are targeting. Terminal psuedocommand:

sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/PathToTargetXcode.app

Adobe AIR seems like it needs a lot of work to compile against the up-to-date iOS 9.1 SDK. We eagerly await a new version of AIR that is capable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does AIR 20 beta solved the bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this bug makes dylib linking issues like this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to do this procedure with every AIR build update. What's up Adobe, can't you fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so, with AIR 21, it's still a bug? Seriously? And as said earlier, you can't compile to the simulator anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Calibrae‌,

Kindly let us know the issue you face with respect to SDK 21 such that we can help you on the same.

-Roshan

Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing this issue in Air 27 when including iOS 11

ld: library not found for -lgcc_s.1

I've tried the workaround.  Replacing ld64 in the ld64 directory within AIR with the one from xCode-beta (9.0 beta 6) - nothing changes, I'm seeing the same error..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dews​

See the correct answer from this thread

iOS 11 platform SDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you el111​ that did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still having issues with Flash Builder 4.7, Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.6 and latest AIR SDK 31.

I have copied to ld file to AIR SDK  aot bin folder and renamed it as ld64 and that error is gone.

BUT I HAVE NEW ERROR:

Error occurred while packaging the application:

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libtapi.dylib

Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722/AIRSDK/lib/aot/bin/ld64/ld64

Reason: image not found

/var/folders/dn/s4dgy4sn28b38bvtsd1b8mdw0000gp/T/cmd4031336312154869349.tmp: line 2:  4124 Abort trap: 6           "/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722/AIRSDK/lib/aot/bin/ld64/ld64" -pie -ObjC -dead_strip -Z -arch x86_64 -syslibroot "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator12.1.sdk" -L/usr/lib "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator12.1.sdk/../../../../../usr/lib/llvm-gcc/4.2.1/libgcc.a" -F"/System/Library/Frameworks" -L"/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722/AIRSDK/lib/aot/lib" -o "../aot7133752432767972715.tmp" -exported_symbol _main -x "/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722/AIRSDK/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeInterpreter.x86-simulator-air.a" -lc++ -lSystem -lcrt1.o -lstdc++ -lz -lobjc -framework CoreFoundation -framework UIKit -framework MobileCoreServices -framework CoreGraphics -framework Foundation -framework SystemConfiguration -framework AudioToolbox -framework CFNetwork -framework QuartzCore -framework OpenGLES -framework CoreLocation -framework CoreMedia -framework CoreVideo -framework AVFoundation -framework Security -framework GameController -framework CoreMotion -framework AssetsLibrary -framework WebKit -w -filelist "/Users/Sabani/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/ShapesInMotionIOS/bin-debug/AOT/AOTBuildOutput9192951642955017771.tmp/OBJFilesList.txt" -ios_simulator_version_min 11.0

This only happens when I try to run iOS application on iOS Simulator.

When I debug application normally everything is fine.

How to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about a iOS, Mac minie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines