• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.7 on Win7(64bit) can't debug on ios device - Air 19.0, iTunes 12.3, ios 9.0 all latest

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Debug on device was working fine, then suddenly stopped a couple of weeks ago.

I think this coincided with an iTunes update but can't be sure cos I've spent a few days since. reloading many versions of Air compilers, iTunes, and trawling through dozens of related posts for same problem with older Air/iTunes combos and forgot how it all started!

Current error on debug compile of Mobile ActionScript project to iPad Air2 Device creates the ipa file then fails on install to device with error "Unable to enumerate devices".

"idb.exe -devices" from Air 19.0 compiler does detect attached devices correctly.

I have tried :

- uninstalling all Apple programs( iTunes, MobileDevice Support, Bonjour, Apple Software Update, Application Support(32&64bit)) and Java and Adobe FlashBuilder then re-installing after a reboot.

- Creating a new Flash Builder Project

- installing Air 3.4, 18.0, 19.0

- installing iTunes  12.0.1, 12.1.3(for old video cards), 12.2.2(for old video cards), 12.1.2, 12.2.2, 12.2.25

- ios 8 and 9.0 on the ipad

Different combos give different errors, but none working.

I can load ipa to device using iTunes but debug compile won't connect to debugger on usb.

Will also load to simulator but as app is for Retina display I can't see whole app on screen (but that's another problem -_- )

This problem seems to have been around for a few years with each new Air/iTunes combo.

Does anyone have a current solution?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Issue resolved with Air 20.0 beta.

Solution to this problem posted by Adobe Air team here:

post no. 39

AIR 17 iOS - Unable to enumerate devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened with AIR 17, and they fixed it. Looks like it's happened again and Adobe's admitted it and needs to fix it again, see "piyushb89979246"'s recent post (9/20/2015) on this thread:

I wish I had never updated iTunes -- totally derailed my development process not being able to do a proper debug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it tells "CFNetwork module LOADED" after using the mini patch ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What 'mini patch' are you referring to Jared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue resolved with Air 20.0 beta.

Solution to this problem posted by Adobe Air team here:

post no. 39

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines