• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download ebook copy to another machine from link sent,ade stops working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just switched laptops and want to put my downloaded ebook onto my new one, which according to the link sent from the University and ADE is easy, just follow the steps again using the new machine. I  can log in to my ADE, click the link, then am asked to log in with my ADE ID which I am assuming is my email address used to sign up and which is also named as my Adobe ID clearly as my email (but doesn't work in the login form) It is how I get in to my account but when I try to use the email as the vendor I can't get the new machine authorized by ADE. In my ADE it shows no purchases or books, I bought from a University and authorized my other laptop when creating my ADE account and they wrote me the link should not be expired. I can't find a way to export the book from my old laptop either, and ADE seems to just freeze and spin on my thinkpad windows 7 64 bit, last night a window got frozen and could not be shut. I have version 3.0 ADE. Any ideass? Here is the error:

activation error trying to put book on new laptop.bmp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To solved the problem check your Time, Date and Time Zone. On of is wrong so get the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for the tip. It was off but hasn't fixed the issue but was a good try. I know I signed up with ADE to get this book, the seller says, and the info sent with link says, I just need to follow the steps again on my new laptop and poof, the book will appear. I have no book inside my ADE obviously over here on new laptop and I tried using a flash drive with a copy to import. It's in now, but author unknown and an error. I at least got some new error screens showing the title of the book  lol, and did get a prompt to authorize this machine, but this happened last night too and I waited for over 1/2 hour while it ground away getting nowhere. ADE also stops working and windows closes it. Here's the latest errors. It seems my account is not recognized at all and I need the universities name to be in the list of ADE vendors to truly get this thing. I'm still waiting on a reply from them. Yikes. I got this laptop for research so I can pile my books on it. Keeping fingers crossed...

ade.jpg

ade2.bmp

Seems like progress but it's been 15 minutes waiting on this

ade3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make things clearer, here are the EXACT steps I took to set up my adobe account in order to get my book. According to everything here, I don't understand what the problem is. I did not download the book BEFORE making the adobe account (or clicking on the link they sent in order to get the book constitutes "downloading" before signing up?). I don't know where the issue lies, with ADE for not recognizing me or...?

Step 1. If you do not have one, register an Adobe ID. You need an Adobe ID if you would like to read your book on multiple devices or retrieve your ebook in the event of a system crash. Go here to create an Adobe ID.

Step 2. You need software installed on your computer to read this ebook.

PC and Mac users: We recommend using Adobe Digital Editions to read this book -- CLICK HERE to install if you don't already have it. (PC users: You can alternately use Bluefire Reader for Windows.)

Please note: If you want to print your 50 pages, you must use Adobe Digital Editions.

Step 3.

and open it with Adobe Digital Editions or Bluefire Reader. If the button seems to do nothing or opens a blank window, the download file [URLLink.acsm] has likely been sent to your Downloads folder. You may need to navigate there to find it, and open it with Adobe Digital Editions or Bluefire Reader.

Still having trouble? Please click here for possible solutions.

Once the ebook is loaded on your computer, you can skip this page. Just open Digital Editions or Bluefire to find your ebook.

If you also want to put your ebook onto a different machine or device, return to this page using that machine, to download another copy of the ebook file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bevor you open the eBook try to authoize Digital Edition.
Start Digital Edition and go to Help > Computer authorize.
Enter in this Windows your Adobe ID and Passwort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I already authorized and signed up in ADE with my own adobe ID on another laptop. I try to do the same on my new laptop with the correct ID and password and it does not work, and there are no books or purchases linked to my ADE reader library. I have been waiting for one hour for my new laptop to be *authorized* following the prompts. I have to go to processes and end it, I can't get authorized for some reason. I tried downloading the latest version ADE also and that hasn't changed anything. Thanks for your suggestions, somehow I will find a way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! Another thing, when I open ADE, half the time it is unresponsive and when I try to click on it it makes a noise and I have to go to processes and shut it there. Something is really messed up with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Windows do you used exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Am using windows 7 pro 64bit, I was using mozilla on the computer I first successfully downloaded and actually opened the book on, so the browser shouldn't cause an issue on my new laptop with ADE. There just seems to be some kind of *stability* issue going on too. I tried the chat function to see if I could get help on the Adobe page and that tab kept flickering blue periodically, yeah, the plot thickens lol. None of my other tabs had this weird blue flickering going on. My new laptop does NOT seem to like Adobe! During that period of the *flashes*, that authorization window was grinding away, maybe that had something to do with it as I gave up after one hour and ended it in processes, A total mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check is with digital ediiton 3.0: Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is where I went to download digital editions the first time. At this rate, I'm never going to buy another e-book to put on ADE. Anyone out here reading this thread-be warned. I just spent 10 minutes trying to login to Adobe (and as you can see have been doing it fine to post on this forum for days) and it said there was no id matching that email and password. Uhhhhhh Adobe has serious problems. I never did get the password reset "IF there was an account associated with this email address". 10 minutes later of trying, no mistakes, and somehow the Adobe Gods have shined on me and let me login. Do yourself a favor and stick to Kindle. I'm out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back on with chat. Already tried the trick with time and date, came up with same activation error. Back to square one. Just went thru another process with chat this time and went into registry and deleted things, reinstalled and same error. So far it has been 4 uninstalls reinstalls, with deletion in registry and all files associated, back to same error, tried old time and date of original download of book to library on old computer, failed. Running out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ISSUE RESOLVED

I have no idea what changed. I tried all the steps in the following chat transcript and we continued on with it NOT WORKING.This has been days of trying to resolve this issue.

I did not restart the computer. For anyone with the same issue, all I can say is try what i did. Check your time/date/time zone. That DID NOT resolve my issue, but it might work for your issue. Uninstall of ADE with Registry delete and associated folders/files and reinstall DID NOT solve the issue. I decided to try the link from my bookseller ONE MORE TIME, with the time/date/ttime zone in CURRENT real time (having tried the "old" time at least three times) and somehow I was able to go to the ADE, Help/Authorize/Enter Id/Password/Submit/ and got authorized and was able to follow the steps in my book purchase link to get the book on this new laptop. Unfortunately I don't have an answer as to what exactly did the trick. Just keep trying, follow the steps below and cross your fingers.

Uninstall ADE first, then:

Rochan : 3. In order to remove all remnants of Adobe Digital Editions /  Adobe Adept from the machine

Rochan : a "Registry Edit" will need to be  performed:

Rochan : • Start > Run > Regedit

Rochan : 4. Search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Adobe >  Adept and Delete the full "Adept" folder

Rochan : 5. Remove only the structures that are under the "SOFTWARE"  extensions. This will remove the Adobe ID / License and Activation Keys

Rochan : 6. Clear any outstanding tasks that may be associated to Adobe  Digital Editions downloads

Rochan : • C:\data\my digital editions

Rochan : • C:\my documents\my digital editions

Rochan : 7. Delete any documents within these folders:

Rochan : • Restore > Tasks

Rochan : • Restore > Failed

Rochan : 8. Re-install Adobe Digital Editions

Rochan : please let me know when you are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well done it´s work! I got a similar problem I am using windows 8.1; when download  .ascm ebook my ADE block/frozen and can´t do anything. I tried a lot of things like to use different version (only version 1.7 was ok). try to delete all reg relate to ADE and didnt work, I put down firewall and antivirus did nor work. only that I didn´t try was delete my digital editions....so I dont know I follow your steps (I didnt do the part when you said "Delete any documents within these folders: • Restore > Tasks • Restore > Failed" I dont understand waht you mean. Anyway it´s work right for me. Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I just got off "chat" where once again someone mentioned "time,date, time zone" vut couldn't elucidate as they don't handle this. My new laptop has current date, current correct time, current correct time zone. THEN, reading THIS ARTICLE:

"E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED"

This error may occur when you activate Adobe Digital Editions or read epubs. To resolve this issue, make sure that the machine’s system time, date, and time zone match the time/date/zone when you purchased the PDF or epub.

Additional information

When you download a PDF or epub, the Adobe activation server records timestamp information. This information is stored inside the book. When you open the book, this information is compared to your current system’s information. If your system has an incorrect time/date/time zone, then the activation server disallows the request, and you cannot read the book.

One of the following system settings (or a combination of them) causes this error:

Incorrect clock time

Incorrect date

Incorrect time zone

So, does this mean that I HAVE TO FIND OUT EXACTLY THE TIME, DATE WHEN I DOWNLOADED THE BOOK, SAY OCTOBER 25TH, AND SET MY NEW LAPTOP BACK TO THAT TIME AND DATE?????? Because it is NOT working with the CORRECT time, correct date, correct time zone, meaning RIGHT NOW. AND, if I AM to get the "correct" time date stamp, meaning AT THE TIME I PURCHASED/OPENED the book, where do I go to find that? At this point, I cannot get authorized inside ADE on my new laptop. Oi vey smdh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, and continuing on, adding the "correct" time etc does nothing to get my computer authorized? The article seems to talk about not being able to "open your book" without the "correct" time stamp etc. The article seems to be assuming I have the book already on my new laptop in the ADE library but just won't be able to "open it". That's not my issue-yet.

So....is the article saying by changing the time stamp I will be able to get my computer authorized? And somehow be able to follow the steps (as outlined above in the post of the steps I followed to download the book on my old computer) and get another copy of the book on my new laptop with  authorization?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines