• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML Application closed

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2008 Mar 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on another system while my RoboHelp project was up. I might have had too many things up at once. I received a message that the RoboHelp HTML Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. I didn't get a chance to close properly. I selected Send Error Report but I'm not sure what will come of it. I tried clicking on the Debug button and nothing happens. When I try to load my project, it gives me this error message and will not bring it up. Does anyone know what I can do to locate the probelm and get my project to work again?

Jencie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008
IT WORKED! Is there anything else I should do to restore anything?

Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jencie

Normally those messages and reports just go to Microsoft. Microsoft uses them to try and improve the Windows experience for users. The reports aren't going to Adobe.

You mentioned getting an error message now when you try to open your project? What is the message saying?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The erro message says:

RoboHelp HTML Application
RoboHelp HTML Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem....
Debug Send Error Report Don't Send

I can get RoboHelp to come up, but when I click on the project, it gives me the error above. If I lost the information on the Topic I had up, I could rewrite it. But, I can't get the project ot come up at all. I have another project in RoboHelp that I was working on earlier today, and it comes up fine.

Jencie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been to your website and it appears that you are an expert in RoboHelp. I desperately need some help. I need to find out how to get my project back, if possible. We have a release that I've been working on and I have many modifications and new screens that will take so much time to recreate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jencie

We first need to determine if it's just this single application or if RoboHelp itself is wonky. Are you able to open RoboHelp HTML generically? Create a totally new project or open one of the sample projects with no issue? If you can't do that, you are possibly looking at reinstalling RoboHelp. If the other projects open without issue, you are facing an issue with just this project. If this is the case, the answer might be as simple as locating and squashing the ProjectName.CPD file, then opening the project using the .XPJ file so the .CPD will be rebuilt.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp comes up. I can open my other project and work in it just fine. I'm sorry, I don't know much about the inner workings of RoboHelp so bear with me please. I guess I need to know how do I find the problem within this project?

Thanks for your time,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jencie - depends on the error message. What does it say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per Rick - and this is a good place to start:

"If the other projects open without issue, you are facing an issue with just this project. If this is the case, the answer might be as simple as locating and squashing the ProjectName.CPD file, then opening the project using the .XPJ file so the .CPD will be rebuilt."

Give that a shot. In Windows Explorer, rename the cpd file in your project directory - to something like project.OLD. Then double click on the xpj file in your project folder to open the project in RH. This rebuilds the CPD file. If it doesn't solve the problem, chances are there will be additional errors to give you a better clue of what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
IT WORKED! Is there anything else I should do to restore anything?

Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp