Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 WebHelp Output Missing TOC, Index, Search

Mar 07, 2008 Mar 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my RH6 HTML project to RH7 HTML. When I publish, everything looks good. I uploaded all project files to my company's server, and a coworker saved those files to her computer. When my coworker publishes WebHelp from her computer, the TOC, Index, and Search components are missing. Can anyone assist? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2008 Mar 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Try a different transfer approach.

Zip project on your PC. Copy zip to server and then to colleague's PC. Then unzip.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion! I gave it a try, but we're still having the same problem. I'd appreciate any other ideas.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that your co-worker is generating and publishing from the same layout, I cannot see why she would get a different result.

Get your co-worker to make a small change to the default topic and then publish. Does that change get to the server?

Are you both using RH's own publish function or something else?

Are you both on the same version? Check the build number.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2008 Mar 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestions! I don't understand it either...

We are using the same build and RH7's publishing function with the same settings (except output folder). I had my coworker make a change to Welcome.htm, zip the project files, and upload to the server. I downloaded the files, unzipped, and published on my computer. Everything is there--TOC, Index, Search, and her changes to the Welcome page.

I'm definitely confused!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you be publishing to different folders?

You would both generate and publish. Your generate folders will be local and but you should both be publishing to the same server.

You say you got your co-worker to change the welcome.htm topic but you don't say that she then published before zipping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry--I mistyped. Our generate folders are different b/c they're local, but we're publishing to the same server. Also, she did republish after changing the Welcome page. The change showed, but the TOC, etc. were still missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are both generating WebHelp and not one of you generating WebHelp Pro?

Beyond that, assuming your permissions are the same, and it looks like they must be, then I don't understand.

There has to be a detail that is being missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we're both generating WebHelp, and our permissions are the same. I am completely stumped on this one...Thank you for trying to help us get to the bottom of this. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create two new folders on the server. You publish to one, colleague to the other. Result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2008 Mar 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness I found this thread!

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm using version 5.0.2 of RoboHelp, and when I generate WebHelp (the collection of HTML files) and test it on my PC, it works fine. When I copy the files over to my company's server, my TOC is missing, Serch is missing, Index is missing.

I tested this with other PCs in my company, and some display the content fine (from the server location), others don't.

I noticed that I get an error message "flash" at the bottom of IE when I mouse over the TOC frame. It states "Load: class WebHelp not found". I've double checked, and all of the files that are generated on my PC are also in the same folder that I copied over to the server.

Could RoboHelp be having issues with certian servers, or versions of IE w/ certain servers? This doesn't seem to be a blanket issue with all users of this information, only some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 21, 2008 Mar 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
WebHelp doesn't behave the same way on a Network as on your PC. Put another way, the IE browser does not behave the same way for files stored on your PC, the Internet, the Intranet and Trusted sites. Of course, different versions of IE behave differently.

The quickest way is to set security no higher than medium. Even then, in IE 6 and 7, look in Advanced settings for "Allow active content to run" from CDs and from "files on my Computer."

Also check Security settings. In IE 6 and 7, you have separate options for each zone. In any case, you need to be able to download and run signed ActiveX controls, at least.

And Poipup Blocker should be disabled.

Another approach is to add your WebHelp location to IE's Trusted sites and set security to Low.

Good luck

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp