• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Functionality Questions

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2008 Mar 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find these in product features or in the demo's help file. We're thinking of using RoboHTML for our knowledge base.

Is it possible to set access rights on a per topic basis?

Is there a mechanism in place to allow users to submit questions/feedback and some user levels to create a new topic?

Can users email a topic to someone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2008 Mar 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KLGW and welcome to our community

I'll see if I can offer help with some of the questions:
Is it possible to set access rights on a per topic basis?

No. I believe the closest you can come here is to restrict by folder on a server. But that's a total server issue and not one you would control using RoboHelp.

Is there a mechanism in place to allow users to submit questions/feedback
I'll have to defer to someone else on that. Hopefully my fellow Adobe Community Expert John Daigle will answer that one.

and some user levels to create a new topic?
Not from a generic standpoint. I'm guessing that you might be able to influence this using RoboSource Control, but I'm thinking you may be considering a more restrictive level here. Perhaps only allowing certain types of information. Images and whatnot. Essentially providing a "template" where they can only change certain areas?

Can users email a topic to someone?
Not with RoboHelp as it stands. I suppose you could use JavaScript to capture the body of the topic. But there are the images. I believe I've seen reports that server side scripting can do this.

What you can do here that I as well as others do, is to E-Mail the Topic Link to the user. Would that be acceptable?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More functionality questions:

Can users subscribe to a topic so they are notified when it is updated?

Does the program record failed searches, so you can determine if people are finding what they need or if you improve keywords? Or does
it just generate a standard weblog entries.

I still need a confirmation if RoboHTML has a mechanism for users to submit feedback.

Many thanks,
Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: KLGW
Can users subscribe to a topic so they are notified when it is updated?

No. You could set-up a way for a user to request an update when it becomes available but they would not know about an update until you sent them an email.
quote:

Does the program record failed searches, so you can determine if people are finding what they need or if you improve keywords? Or does it just generate a standard weblog entries.

RoboHelp itself doesn't record failed searches but the companion RoboHelp Server product does. This hosts the help output (WebHelp Pro) on a server where users access it. A range of usability reports are available to do the things you require.....and more.
quote:

I still need a confirmation if RoboHTML has a mechanism for users to submit feedback.

Not as such, but again you can create a feedback link that uses a CGI script to send to an email address. This is relatively easy to set-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp