• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.5 always chrashes down (no response) when I read a book and start to scroll down to get to other pages

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open a book in ADE and try to scroll down to see other pages of the book the programme crashes down (no response) and I have to close it. I run ADE on Windows 7 Home Premium. I have set up my Windows for two different users. I have installed the current version of ADE (ADE 4.5) Is there anyone here with a similar problem who has found a solution to it already?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with different eBooks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot tell if there is the same problem wirh different ebooks. At the moment I have just two ebooks within my ADE reader and one of these is the ADE instruction which works as it should. The other one, which doesn't work, is an ebook I bought at Pearson publishing company. I have already contacted the Pearson costumer support but they couldn't help me, either. That is why I hope to find a solution here. When I open the ebook that contains the instruction about ADE there is a scroll bar below the pages and I have to move the mouse from left to right to skim through them. When I open the Pearson ebook the scroll bar is on the right and I have to move the mouse up and down to get to another page. And whenever I start to move the mouse downwards a little quicker the ADE reader freezes and I find in brackets the addition "No response" at the upper edge of the frame of the ADE reader. It is very annoying when you spend about 20 € for an ebook and you cannot use it properly. I would be very happy if someone knew a solution to my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then first check if get the same error with other eBooks:

http://www.adobe.com/de/products/digital-editions/eBook.html

If that work you are sure that the issue in the eBooks and can contact the reseller of the eBook to solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded two of the ebooks on the website accessable via the above link. With the two of them the problem doesn't occur. When I click to read them I have a scroll bar below the pages and have to move my mouse from left to right to skim through them. That works as it should and the programme doesn't freeze. The two ebooks I have just added to my ADE reader are stored in the "epub" file format. The one I bought at Pearson online shop is in "acsm" format. Is it possible that the problem has to do with the different file formats?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You found under the link also ACSM files. But i think its only a problem with the buy eBook. Contact the Reseller of the eBook to check the eBook to solved Problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with the ebook I bought at Pearson online shop is the following: In my Pearson online account there is a button to download the ebook I bought. When I press this button an acsm-file is downloaded to my computer. When I doubleclick on this acsm-file the ADE reader opens and the data implemented with this file is downloaded to my ADE reader. Afterwards I find the ebook I bought in the library of my ADE reader. When I click on it the ebook opens. But the window doesn't look as with the other ebooks. The scroll bar is on the right and not below the pages and when I scroll down the programme freezes (No response) and I have to close it. That is what I have told you about in my first messages already. In the "My Digital Editions"-folder the Pearson ebook I bought is not stored as an epub-file, as it should, but as a pdf-file. But it is not possible to open this pdf-file of the bought ebook with a casual pdf-reader like the adobe reader, for example. I think, the ADE reader is not able to convert the acsm-file of the Pearson ebook into a proper epub-file. Could this have to do with a too strong drm-protection of this book? So you still think that the problem is with the book and not the ADE reader? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which format you have the file now buyed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download the file from my Pearson account it is in acsm-format. But when I doubleclick on this file my ADE reader does not convert it into an epub-file but into a pdf-file. I think, if the ADE reader converted the acsm-file into an epub-file all would work properly?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:
Open Digital Edition.
Go to File > Add to Library.
Then choose the acsm File.

If work now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it doesn't. Still the same problems as mentioned before. The ADE reader does not convert the acsm-file into a working epub-file. I suppose, that this is the origin of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then contact the Reseller of the eBook for check his file. In this case you can nothing do alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Allright. That's what I do. Nonetheless, thank you very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines