Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects warning: Undo group mismatch, will attempt to fix

Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects warning: Undo group mismatch, will attempt to fix. Have reinstalled After Effects a number of times, and now have a new computer. IT support at work are baffled. This happens as a result of not being able to import files in the normal way (File> Import, double click the media browser, right click on media browser and import) This is not a continuous issue, when I first open AE, I am able to work as normal, import at normal. Only after importing a few different comps does this begin to happen. I am suddenly unable to import any type of file or media. It does not respond or react to opening a box to even begin browsing for what I wish to import. The only other way to import would be to drag and drop my desired media into the project. As a result, when attempting to edit key frames for that imported item, this error (as before) will appear, and all imported media will disappear. Any idea how on earth to fix this issue, or what else I can do? The work around I have at the moment, is to close AE and reopen it, for it to work for about 30 mins before stopping again. it also quite often crashes when this pop up appears. Unknown.pngUnknown-1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything from cache corruption to leaky plug-ins used in the projects to CoDec issues. Impossible to tell, since you have not provided any exact info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your response. What information can I provide to be more specific? I would be more than happy to provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

katiejaneshore wrote:

What information can I provide to be more specific? I would be more than happy to provide.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE CC, Version: 13.2.0.49 As far as concerned, this is completely up to date.

Mac OSX Yosemite version 10.10.2

please see attached screen shots for the error messages in full.

exact sequence varies  for this issue to happen. import failure through typical steps (file>import, double click, right click) will only import via drag and drop.

when dragging and dropping media to the project, and is adjusted (scale, position, key frames) the error message(s) will come up, and the dragged and dropped media disappears, all changes are undone.

Never used to have a problem before we updated to the cloud. not just me that is affected, another colleague is too.

no thid party hardware.

source footage varies from jpegs, to png's.

quicktime version 10.4

also running adobe premiere pro with no known issues.

no third party effects installed

do not know if using Open GL, I cannot see it in preferences, preview where it normally is.

no problems with output, issues with work flow.

specs of my machine are attached in screen shot. I have recently changed computers, the issue has been present on both. Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 15.05.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katie,

Although the After Effects team has heard about this problem from some users, we haven't been able to reproduce this behavior. This usually means there is a condition or behavior related to the issue that we're not aware of. I'd like to ask for your help with exposing what we're missing.

Here is another thread where I've asked for additional data from other users:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7145447#7145447

Summarizing, what I'd like to get from you is:

1. A process sample (via Activity Monitor) immediately after you encounter the problem.

2. An After Effects Log file (see Help > Enable Loggins and Reveal Logging File) taken immediately after you encounter the problem.

3. A system report from your computer (Apple menu > About this Mac, click System Report, save this file).

Additional information you can offer about your machine, including Finder extensions, pointing devices installed, or anything else you can think of could be useful.

Please send this data to me. My email address is myLastName at Adobe dot com.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just got this error in my CC2015 (on windows 10) and google brought me here.  My system info :

Mac Pro (2015)

AMD D300 Graphic Card

32 Gb Ram

I will email you the Log file.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is seriously one of the most annoying aspects about AE CC2015. Any time i use command x to cut a layer out of a composition, immediate error window that repeats 3 times until it goes away. Any time i remove a keyframe, error 3 times.

El Capitan,

AE CC2015 13.5.0.347

Nothing in my timeline besides cameras, nulls and solids.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

qben9354 wrote:

AE CC2015 13.5.0.347

Is there a reason you're not on the latest version? 13.5.1. fixed quite a few bugs (and introduced one or two others, but...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah interesting. Although I know for a fact it has not fixed this because I am bouncing back and forth between desktop and laptop and my desktop is completely up to date. Seems to be happening on both computers.

Since you are quick and awesome with responses, do you know a way to revert back to the timeline controls of 2014? Mostly in regards to pressing spacebar to play, and then spacebar again to pause. Currently it seems like hitting spacebar again to pause doesnt work and it takes 2 or 3 presses to get the scrubber to stop playing. Is there any way to only preview with the numpad and not spacebar? "the shortcut" pulldown menu does not seem to fix this when setting to numpad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

qben9354 wrote:

...do you know a way to revert back to the timeline controls of 2014? Mostly in regards to pressing spacebar to play, and then spacebar again to pause. Currently it seems like hitting spacebar again to pause doesnt work and it takes 2 or 3 presses to get the scrubber to stop playing.

That's pretty annoying, isn't it? I'll try to explain what it's doing so it might make more sense. Pressing spacebar starts a preview. That's fine and dandy. However, if the timeline isn't fully cached when you press spacebar again, it just starts real-time previewing what has been cached. Thus, you often have to press it multiple times before it stops.

Like I said, annoying.

That'll be fixed in next months big update. With all the bugs being fixed and this change to the previews, next month's update could make CC 2015 useable for most folks who aren't using it in production yet. We'll have to wait and see.

Here's more info on next month's update: What’s new and changed in the upcoming update to After Effects CC 2015

qben9354 wrote:

Is there any way to only preview with the numpad and not spacebar?

I think so. It depends on what you're asking - I'm not quite sure what you meant. Here's a page on how Previewing currently works: all about previews in After Effects CC 2015 (13.5) |

That explains it in far more detail than I could and it might help alleviate some of your issues until the update comes out next month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response, for some reason the alert went to my spam folder. Anxiously awaiting the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically this can happen in any comp. I do not use any plug-in's. I use solids and masks to make simple animated charts, statistics and name straps. This error appears when altering key frames after importing an image. I have added a screen shot of a typical project. I hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 13.56.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. Trying to render TIF sequences and some "Paint & Stick Plugin" layers on top of them.

I am using CC 2017 ver 14.2.1.34

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup getting that message at the end of a render...everything seems to be working okay on my new M1Max 14' with 64gb ram.  I am having quite a few issues with AE in general on this new MBP...driving me crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat. I was surprised to see the original post is time stamped ~7 years ago. A lot has changed with Mac and MacOS during that time. That this error still occurs is telling. 

I've seen it after a render concludes as well as trying to move four keyframes at once. The latter example resulted in data loss as the keyframes vanished after the error  popped up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DW-FP 

Have you sent the information requested earlier in this thread to Tim?  This error message usually clears on its own from around After Effects 2018 and up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being that this thread is so old, do we know that the contact information to send logs to is still correct? 

For the record, I'm using stock M1 Apple Silicon with non-modified AE downloaded from CC. No 3rd party plugins. It's a prett pure setup. Nor do I have any other elaborate software on my machine (Finder extensions, pointing devices, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim is still with Adobe.

If you're able to share the project and want to collect it, I can try to reproduce the error on an M1 Pro Max, M1 Pro and M1.  I haven't gotten "Undo group mismatch, will attempt to fix" on any of them yet.  I've seen it every so often on a 2013 Mac Pro and a 2019 Mac Pro, but the error clears and does not cause a crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to share the project, so I'll just keep an eye out if/when it occurs again. To be clear I never had a crash per se, just an instance or two of the popup and then the aforementioned vanished keyframes. Luckily I haven't seen any issues during my last few sessions... fingers crossed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening on AE 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening. Just got the error today. Isn't it amazing how a one-man band programmer, product designer, UI interface creator who made the https://dirtywave.com/ synthesizer, you can report a bug, and it's fixed within a matter of days.

This error, in a $1billion turnover company sticks around for nearly a decade. *shakes head at their pure incompetence*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding:  After Effects warning: Undo group mismatch, will attempt to fix.  OK

If scripts want to wrap several commands up in one single undo step, they create an undo group at the beginning of those steps and then close that undo group at the end.

Usually, the "Undo group mismatch" message means the script is trying to open another group before closing the first one.

It's definitely something to take up whoever publishes the script causing the error message as it’s entirely within their script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am struggling with the exact same problem. Any solution? I have tried reinstalling the app, restarting my Mac multiple times, but failed. 

This is extremely frustraing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What seemed to cause it for me, was when I dragged another AE file from another animator into my working document...

and then what seemed to fix it, was to clear any duplicated file names that were repeated across the assets. Saving and then quitting and opening up again. 🤷🏻‍:male_sign: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines