• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple TOC with Context-Sensitive Help

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am teaching myself RoboHelp right now, and I think I am doing OK. My problem is that I would like to use context-sensitive help, but then restrict the Table Of Contents to only show items that are in the same book as the topic being displayed. They will have other means to display the entire help file and TOC, but if they just want to see help regarding a particular screen they are on, I would like to show them that topic, and then an index for them to see what other areas they can get to from that one screen.
I can't seem to see anything in RoboHelps help files that describes how to do that. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Sharon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008
That should work. I have to be honest and say that it was not the direction I was planning on, but it works and I think I should be able to convince the designer that it is a good substitute for what he wanted.
Thank you Rick and cheers to you to!

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharon and welcome to our community

I believe what you are looking for here is called a "Related Topics" control. Click your Insert menu and you should see Related Topics on the list. Choose that and you start a wizard that asks you to choose which topics are related. The end result is typically a button that your user clicks to view the Related Topics.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That should work. I have to be honest and say that it was not the direction I was planning on, but it works and I think I should be able to convince the designer that it is a good substitute for what he wanted.
Thank you Rick and cheers to you to!

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp