• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeat (auto) downloading of returned ebook(s).

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to 4.5 last week. I have no problem downloading ebooks, the problem occurs when I return an ebook, it shows up again the next day as New download.  Even when the ebook is no longer showing checked out from the elibrary.  I  have  deleted them from the File Explorer download file as well, yet they still show up. What is the problem, does this have anything to with the seamless fulfillment feature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

No it does not download to Digital Edition and the ebookks that remained after uploading 4.0  when I tried to open do not a it states ”No record of this loan found on this machine”.

7 Hours Later: After To resolve this latest issue, I went to Documents –Adobe Digital Editions folder– opened and attached ADE. After which I was able to download to ADE from two elibraries.  Note:  After attaching folder now reads My Digital Editions.

Problem(s) resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you the auto-syncro-funktion (Edit > Preferences) activate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then should the issue no appear. Closed Digital Edition. Go to My Digital Edition Folder and rename it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to renaming the file I took a snap shot (See below):

After changing the file name: I removed the book from the library and closed and reopened this is what I got (see below):

I am assuming the ebooks I did not remove now need to be downloaded again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renamed folder.  Books still there, except now all previously removed are missing cover picture. I did noitce that the date of download did not change. Snap shots sent.

Also, noticed new folder created when I reopened reader.  I now have two folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Windows 10 about 6 weeks ago. No problems until I upgraded to 4.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try if works when install Version 4 without the Update 4.5: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_4.0_Installer.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKS!....All 18 previously read books are gone. Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15 hours later (Changed Status from Correct) – I am now unable to download to reader. The following message appears “How do you want to open this file?” Always use thss app to open acsm files is checked.

I reauthorized my computer, that did not help.

What next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the eBook in Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it does not download to Digital Edition and the ebookks that remained after uploading 4.0  when I tried to open do not a it states ”No record of this loan found on this machine”.

7 Hours Later: After To resolve this latest issue, I went to Documents –Adobe Digital Editions folder– opened and attached ADE. After which I was able to download to ADE from two elibraries.  Note:  After attaching folder now reads My Digital Editions.

Problem(s) resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you repeat the Dowload?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What I did to resolve.  Went into Adobe Digital Editions folder and deleted from each folder any files associated with remove ebooks; manually associated EPUB files with ADE 4.0.  I then tested downloading ebooks from NCDL and Enkilibrary no problem downloading to ADE or Kobo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. What I did to resolve. Went into Adobe Digital Editions folder and deleted from each folder any files associated with remove ebooks; manually associated EPUB files with ADE 4.0. I then tested downloading ebooks from NCDL and Enkilibrary no problem downloading to ADE or Kobo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen clipping taken: 11/10/15, 12:26 AM

Screen clipping taken: 11/10/15, 12:41 AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines