• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation error. Will not open books already downloaded

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have books already downloaded and they were fine but now ADE gives me an activation error and won't open the books. It will not allow me to erase the activation information so that I can start again. This is not the first time I have had this problem and last time it took months to sort out. Whilst this goes on I am forced to buy from Amazon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to authorize a new Digital edition installation on windows 10, and get

"Connection error", "Cannot connect to activation server, check internet connection".

So maybe there are problems on adobe server?     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if your Security Program blocked Digital Edition. Also check if your system used the right time, date and timezone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can deauthorise your current ID by pressing Ctrl + Shift + D after opening the ADE.

For those facing connection to the activation server issues, read the following:

This problem occurs with ADE 4.5 version.

What you can do is to download and install ADE 3.0, the link is here: Download | Adobe Digital Editions Home 

Make sure that you have install both version 3 and 4.5

Open version 3 and authorise with your Adobe ID. It should be able to overcome the activation server issues.

Open a ebook with it and then close ADE 3 and uninstall the software.

Open ADE 4.5 and you will see the ebook in it, and the software is already authorised by itself.

But you will not be able to download and open subsequent ebook under ADE 4.5, unless you follow the below instructions.

Now the trick is to make sure that when you download the next ebook, associate it with ADE 4.5 (because by default, the computer will

use ADE 3 to open it. You can associate it from the program folder, under Adobe/ADE 4.5, look for the AdobeEditions.exe file.

Subsequently, there is no need to associate it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines