• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We've been downloading books to our nook for years but recently keep getting error message "failed to write destination file" - why?

Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is "failed to write destination file"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem as well, and after doing some research via google (because I found NOTHING helpful in adobe forums), I found the problem....my Nook was full.  I had no idea this was even possible!  But, I borrow a lot of library books, and didn't realize that after they expire, they are still taking up space on my Nook.  Here's how to check: plug your Nook into your computer, go to file manager (right-click the start button in Windows), find the Nook drive and right click, choose properties.  This should show you a pie chart of used/free space on your Nook.  If this is the case, you need to remove some files from your Nook.  For me, I had to find the Digital Editions file and delete all the thumbnails and actual files for the library books.  If it's booked you've purchased, perhaps you need to archive some books.  Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for doing the research and the advice. I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried your suggestion of removing files from the Nook, and it worked! I can now transfer epub books. Thanks so much!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines