• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Get Adobe Color CC Swatches Into Illustrator

Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Color CC (formerly Kuler https://color.adobe.com), enables you to create and save colors and harmonious color themes right in your browser. Those themes and swatches can easily be transferred into Illustrator (and other CC desktop applications) via the Creative Cloud Libraries feature. Here's the very simple 3-step process to do that. Note that you will need an active Creative Cloud subscription.

Step 1: MIx your colors and then click the Save button in Color CC.

Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 12.18.53.png

Step 2: Choose a CC library and name the swatch theme.

Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 12.19.03.png

Step 3: Inside Adobe Illustrator, load the swatches from the Libraries panel (Window > Libraries).

Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 12.21.32.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Thank you. The Kuler Color Themes panel allows access to existing Kuler themes and, via the buttons at the bottom of the panel, to Kuler on the Web. From there, follow my instructions above to add custom swatch sets into your CC Libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work. Not showing at all in swatches panel nor is there an option to import it into the swatches panel??? This continues to be an issue for me to try and get my swatches into Illustrator to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you have an updated version of Illustrator, if you look at the bottom of your color swatch panel there should be an icon that will let you go to the Adobe Colors without even leaving Illustrator:

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 3.28.22 PM.png

 Then the following panel will open:

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 3.28.58 PM.png

While I picked the Explore panel, whether you are in that or Create or My Themes, once you find what you like, you should have the 3 dots, which when you hover over brings out the menu which allows you to save that palette to the swatched panel. When I pick save, it immediately pops into my swatches panel as a color folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incomplete instructions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's nearly 10 years old. Things have changed. At which point are you unable to figure it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines