• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index Tab control in chm in RH7

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I turn off just the Index tab in RH7?
How do I open the Windows Properties dialog box in RH7?

I am testing upgrading from rh2002 html to rh7.
rh7 help says there should be windows properties dialog box, similar to the one in rh2002, where there is the TOC&Index check box, but help doesn't tell you how to open it. The dialog is no longer accessible via Project Settings. And if I can find this dialog, is there a way to turn off just the Index tab?
thanks for your help.
JoeC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JoeC

Click View > Pods > Project Set-up

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. That is what I wanted. And I discovered via other postings that if you delete the Index keywords, the Index tab does not display, so that answers all my questions for now.
Thank you again.
JoeC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2008 Mar 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings.

I have tried to follow the instructions here for generating an HTML Help CHM using RH7. I can generate a help file without a TOC and without an Index. What I would like to do is generate a help file with a TOC but without an Index, without removing all of the indexed terms.

I was able to turn off the TOC and Index tabs by deselecting TOC & Index under Tri-pan Tabs and Windows in the Window Properties (HTML Help) dialog. I want to keep the Index, though. I have not found a way to do this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Kim Nylander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2008 Mar 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Kim
We decided to not upgrade to RH7 so I've been out of the RH7 loop. If the above solution does not work, what we did in RH2002 was to put one bogus index keyword in that read "No Index. Use Search"
Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp