• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Installer Disk Image Damaged?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to migrate my CS5 Design Premium software from my old mac to my new mac, running OSX El Capitan.

Ive downloaded the CS5 Design Premium software but will not allow an installation coming up with an error message that the disk image is damaged.

Im also trying to attach the screenshot here but will not attach.

Anyone else experienced a problem downloading CS5 Design Premium, and if so were you able to solve it?

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas please let me know.

Best regards,

Rich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Set the Mac Gatekeeper setting to " AnyWhere" and then try to install .

By Default , it will be set to Mac and Identified developer.

Click on Allow from Anywhere and then try to install.  It shud work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the image file format to standard format like Jpg and try to attach.

Make sure that the Image file size is less than 8 MB.

Also let us know the total file size of Installer file which you had downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brucgovn,

It is the installer itself which is damaged. I realised i was not clear in my initial question.

Exact text reads:

“Install” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image.

“Install” is on the disk image “DesignPremium_CS5_LS1 (1).dmg”.

So after opening the dmg file. there is the disk image on the desktop. When the disk image is opened, the ''Installer'' is displayed in a window.

When installer is opened, the text is displayed ''Install'' is damaged.

The file size i downloaded is 3.76GB.

Ive tried downloading twice from Adobe, and once with prodesigntools.com.

Both of these downloads say the install is damaged.

Do you know anyway around this?

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the Mac Gatekeeper setting to " AnyWhere" and then try to install .

By Default , it will be set to Mac and Identified developer.

Click on Allow from Anywhere and then try to install.  It shud work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all! This solved my issue too. But how aggravating that the adobe support couldn't at the very least reference this thread... Still, thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. Did you find a fix? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alanp9999,

No, I did not find a fix.

I tried calling Adobe, and their response was that it is not supported any longer, and that the only resolution is in the forums.

However, i think it is an unsatisfactory response from Adobe to not provide working disk images.

I would hope this is not an effort to prevent people from doing the migration.

It is the disk image itself.

I even tried looking for the original installation disks, but cannot locate these.

If we had the original installation DVDs it could work.

If you have them and it works please let me know.

Best regards,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Ive just tried calling Adobe UK again.

The Adobe Representative was very ineffective at directing us to resolve this issue.

He kept saying that we should go to the forum to resolve the issue.

When i said its an adobe product (the actual download file) which does not work, he said they will be able to resolve the issue in the forum.

After explaining people in the forum will not be able to modify the disk image, he said go to the chat.

People in the chat support are equally as unhelpful, as they direct us to the forums.

The main issue here, is that no one from Adobe is helping us to raise this bug / issue with a correct person or department.

We dont need to necessarily speak with a person, but at least to have the issue recognised and resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard , did you change the Gate Keeper settings to Allow from Anywhere temporarily and tried to install ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically this issue occurs because the downloaded app is not digitally signed by Apple. To confirm if this is the case  or not , set the Gate Keeper setting to Anywhere once  and then try .

Later you can revert back settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brucgovn,

Thanks for suggesting the solution - changing the setting to allow from Anywhere. Not sure how I can mark this is CORRECT in this string. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's ok , someone will take care of it.

Yep latest Mac OS  does not recognize some of older version Apps as valid Signatured Application developed by Identified developer  ,instead it treat them as UnSigned apps. Especially on  El-Capitan.

I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

You are most welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the solution of changing the setting to allow from Anywhere and it worked. I will mark that suggestion as the Correct solution. The new Mac seems to want to keep out anything other than App Store software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got exactly the same problem with re-installing CS5. I managed to get the dmg file transferred and opened. On my desktop I can see the disk but when I dobb.click it I am told that the Installer is defective and cannot be opened. I have to push the diskimage out.

can someone please help?

Annette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off GateKeeper like mentioned in this article should work. The Mac I worked on is a corporate Mac so the Security and Privacy option in the System Preferences is disabled. I can circumvent this by disabling gatekeeper from the Terminal. I also have admin privileges to this Mac. Be sure to re-enable it for your safety.

To disable: sudo spctl --master-disable

To enable: sudo spctl --master-disable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you mean: sudo spctl --master-enable

To Enable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines