• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't launch video located in another folder

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2008 Mar 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am referencing a video inside my chm file. I created a design-time control shortcut button that references windows media player (located in program files) for the "Program to run when shortcut is activated" and references my video under the "program parameters" field. When my video files are placed on the C drive, the video works in the chm file. But if I move the files to inside the program files folder or any other folder, wm cannot find it. The client wants the video to reside inside the programs folder along with their application. Any ideas?
Thanks alot!!!
I'd put a screen cap in but I don't know how. I'm kind of a newbie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 13, 2008 Mar 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In each topic that is to contain a ShortCut control, you can use a script to get the absolute path to the help file and then build a control on-the-fly that references a video file in the same (or an adjacent) directory. There's an example of how to do this in the download available from here:

http://helpware.net/FAR/far_faq.htm#externalfile

It's easier than I've probably made it sound!

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2008 Apr 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the information. I'm not much of a programmer. Where do I put the script?
Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp