• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am unable to authorize my computer in Adobe Digital Editions. Can someone help me?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I fill in my AdobeID and password I receive: "Connection Error. Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet. To retry click Try Again button". Of course I am connected to the internet, my Adobe ID and password are correct. I am using Windows Vista, tried on Mozilla and Chrome browsers. Is there any way to autorize my laptop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Try it with the Version 3.0: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_3.0_Installer.exe

Windows VISTA its to old for the newst Version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Version of Digital Edition do you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest, ADE 4.5. Do you think it would be better if I install the older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it with the Version 3.0: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_3.0_Installer.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will try and let you now the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for a hint! I have just authorized my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your are Welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem occurs with ADE 4.5 version.

What you can do is to download and install ADE 3.0, the link is here: Download | Adobe Digital Editions Home 

Make sure that you have install both version 3 and 4.5

Open version 3 and authorise with your Adobe ID. It should be able to overcome the activation server issues.

Open a ebook with it and then close ADE 3 and uninstall the software.

Open ADE 4.5 and you will see the ebook in it, and the software is already authorised by itself.

But you will not be able to download and open subsequent ebook under ADE 4.5, unless you follow the below instructions.

Now the trick is to make sure that when you download the next ebook, associate it with ADE 4.5 (because by default, the computer will

use ADE 3 to open it. You can associate it from the program folder, under Adobe/ADE 4.5, look for the AdobeEditions.exe file.

Subsequently, there is no need to associate it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines