12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2011 7:41 PM by aosis404 RSS

Flash lite business in Japan

treevivek Community Member
      Hi friends,
      Can someone give little indepth report about Flash lite business in japan.
      What kind of things or what current trends are going on there using flash lite.

• 1. Flash lite business in Japan
          KDDI_iMode_Softbank Community Member
          been trying to msn you. can you email me?
          (formally "imodejon" in TOKYO but due to some reason, I cannot access my old account here.)

As for flashlite in Japan, it seems that Kisekae is moving towards Java and Flashlite for Docomo 905 series. 906 series will focus more on Flash lite 3.0.

as for now...

DoCoMo = Flash lite 3.0 for 905 and higher - Flash lite 1.1 for 901 series and above (no Flash lite 2.0/2.1)
          AU = Flash Lite 2.0 for 50 series and above
          Softbank = Still lingering in Flash lite 1.1 (maybe sliverlight will take over here at softbank too?)

Flash Lite 3.0 flv not plyable here. max Kb still at 100Kb.

Games are declining, Regular Flash apps (clocks machiuke, etc) still around

Have a lot of data on the trends but there is SO MUCH to upload. Women tend to be the most users age 16-33.

Since Silverlight is getting into the picture, perhaps we are going to have FLEX on mobiles!? Can I get some *hint* from someone!?
          • 2. Re: Flash lite business in Japan
            treevivek Community Member
            Hi Jon,
            Thanks for your reply.
            Actually very few people comes up with kind of things happening in japan.

Flash Lite 3.0 flv not plyable here. max Kb still at 100Kb.
            - so you mean no access of flash video in cel phones there?? or do you mean no live or streaming of video?

Games are declining, Regular Flash apps (clocks machiuke, etc) still around
            - Why games are declining!! so whats new which is going on there?

Have a lot of data on the trends but there is SO MUCH to upload. Women tend to be the most users age 16-33.
            - What do you mean by SO MUCH to upload !! just curious for current trends over their.

• 3. Re: Flash lite business in Japan
              KDDI_iMode_Softbank Community Member
              hello!
              - so you mean no access of flash video in cel phones there?? or do you mean no live or streaming of video?

Seems to be some limit to how much we can stream on flash. Was told by Mr. Perry that the carriers in Japan do not accept this. Dont know the reason specifically.

- Why games are declining!! so whats new which is going on there?
              Just the trends. We have www.mbg.jp (モバゲー)but users cannot use the "left" keypad as it escapes out of flash and returns to the previous screen. therefore, we use the number keys.

I "thought" that I made such a code that would prevent users from escaping the flash using the "left" keypad, but i forgot it. if someone knows this code, that could help.

- What do you mean by SO MUCH to upload !! just curious for current trends over their.
              There is so much data to upload.

My other advice is for you to come to Japan and see how it all works. All are invited to come ;)
              • 4. Re: Flash lite business in Japan
                certvista Community Member
                Did you ever check the Jaban business reviews about Flash lite business in japan. There are some really informative articles and reviews about this business.
                • 5. Re: Flash lite business in Japan
                  Tom Black 30 Community Member
                  certvista - I agree with You just go to google and search for reviews about flash lite in Japan... :)
                  • 6. Re: Flash lite business in Japan
                    Hank_Freid Community Member
                    Adobe Flash Lite is a trivial version of Adobe Flash Player optimized for mobiles and other gadgets having electronic circuits or devices such as iRiver, Chumby and Zenho.

There are two known versions of Flash Lite, one of them is Flash Lite 1.1 that is built up to support Flash 4 action script. Similarly after this a new version Flash Lite 2.0 that is dependent on Flash Player 7 and capable to support Action Script 2.0. Both frequently support SVG Tiny.
                    • 7. Re: Flash lite business in Japan
                      sunwer Community Member
                      thanks so much for posting this. it was a huge timesaver.
                      • 8. Re: Flash lite business in Japan
                        MobileDesign Community Member

treevivek,

I had sent you an email about Mobile Flash in Japan and the business that entails with it.  Did you get this information?

If not, you can find various information on the following blog: www.MobileDesign.com

Most of the information about doing mobile business in Japan is mainly in Japanese and is not that much exploited from the office, culturally this is not allowed.  Currently there is a new hype about "Kisekae", but the labor that is involved with it is more expensive than the profit that they gain.

97% of all the mobile devices in Japan use Flash Lite 1.1  All carriers

25% of all the mobile devices in Japan use Flash Lite 2.0, AU by KDDI

15% of all the mobile devices in Japan use Flash Lite 3.0, Docomo Carrier

There is no download needed to view flash lite content on Japanese devices, simply click the link and the user is there.  I have a lot of mobile flash website samples taken by video (as the west cant view them on their devices) and can be seen here:

http://mobiledesign.com/2009/10/23/mobile-websites-using-mobile-flash-lite/

One of the mobile flash lite websites was published in the Mobile Design Archive Book here in Japan and can be purchased at Amazon, here is the site that I made (and the sample video can be seen at the link above) :

http://mobiledesignarchive.jp/cgi-bin/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=2&search=mobiledesigner

A whole collection of large companies who use mobile flash lite is located here as well.

I would appreciate anyones feedback on this.  Hope you like them!

Mobile Design

• 9. Re: Flash lite business in Japan
                          Electroblue1 Community Member

I can't wait for flash lite to come out for my Sony Erricson phone. I need to style my text on my mobile device with CSS. Luckily Flash Lite 3.1 is supporting CSS. I'm working on a mobile flash page for thing thing arena 2, and while loading an XML file into a textfield, I wanna use CSS to decorate my text in the textfield.

In regards to Adobe Flash Lite being a trivial version of Adobe Flash Player for mobile phones... I didn't realize there would be support for the iRiver?

• 10. Re: Flash lite business in Japan
                            pinkieyaoyao Community Member

maybe there will have a bright prospect here. if u r a golf lover, it is a optimal choice to click thehttp://www.golfwholesalestore.com

• 11. Re: Flash lite business in Japan
                              celinam Community Member

thanks for the walkthrough

• 12. Re: Flash lite business in Japan
                                aosis404 Community Member

Did you ever check the Jaban business reviews about Flash lite business in japan. There are some really informative articles and reviews about this business.And certvista - I agree with You just go to google and search for reviews about flash lite in Japan...