• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML to Query Timeout

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2008 Mar 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to convert an XML document into a query but it keeps timing out. It's only processing like 1 record every 10 seconds.

My XML document is 1.7mb, the node has 16k records, but only about 400 records need to be inserted into the query.

Is there a more efficient way to do this?

Thanks,

James
Sacramento, CA

Here is my code:
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you going to use this XML for?

You might use XMLParse() to get an XML object instead creating your own query object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to extract the GPS (Lat, Long, Speed) data out of the XML document and display it into a webpage or an excel document.

I'm already using XMLParse to parse the XML file.

On a side note, if I comment out the "cfif StructKeyExists" code block, and add in a <cfoutput>#i#<br></cfoutput>, the page renders completely in 3 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2008 Mar 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Short answer: Use an XSL transform. It's easier, MUCH faster, and you can use two different XSL stylesheets - or one larger stylesheet - to render the same data as HTML or to load it into an Excel spreadsheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation