• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On generating Webhelp in Robohelp 10 the Content, Index and Search tabs are not functioning

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We have been producing a User Guide for some 2 years on Robhelp 10. The last time we needed to update the User Guide and generate Webhelp was in Jul 15.

After making some changes to day we generated the Webhelp by:

• Having saved the changes to the project we
  • Selected the Generate action under the Webhelp (Primary Output) option in the Single Source Layout
  • In the popup, we selected the action Generate and Save
  • The system ran through the generate process at the end presented the option to View Results
  • We selected View Results and the Webhelp was displayed in IE11

In the top left corner are the Tabs:

• Content – This was blank when we expected it to be populated
  • Index – Again blank when we expect text and an input box
  • Search - Presented the text and input box but would not return any results when we input a search word or phrase.

Pictorial examples below.

Does anybody have any idea what might have changed or why this is occurring?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

My own guess is that your IT staff pushed out an update to the browser. One of the reasons folks should stay on top of RoboHelp updates is to ensure all the code in the outputs is up to date to adapt to and accommodate browser changes and advancements.

You likely need to pop over to Willam's site and install a patch.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input. Your suggestion clearly fitted the issue. So we applied the fix. Unfortunately the problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this article would be more helpful:

WebHelp issues in RoboHelp versions 10 and 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although having said that, it now works nicely on Chrome and IE, but not on Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your support. Your info addressed part of our problem, but we also found a setting had been changed in the Generate as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue in a different thread.  It has to do with RH not working with IE 11 or other newer browser versions with scripting security (I think).  I had to manually replace the whutils.js file in the Output folder each time I generated my Output.  I can't remember where I got the file, I think out of the patch itself.  But you have take that file from the patch, and copy and paste it over the one that gets created during generation.  It worked nicely.  However I got tired of doing that and so my company let me upgrade to RH 2015.  This is no longer an issue.  If you need the file I can send it to you.  Thanks, Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant "to fix this issue" I had to manually replace that .js file.

That .js file I was talking about should be in the folder containing the patch files that you downloaded.  Sorry if I'm not making myself very clear.  A long day of writing procedures and I'm brain dead.

I was just told by someone in the other thread that "You could have just replaced the “factory” version in your c:\program files\ RH folder to be used in the creation of the help output."  So you might wan to do that instead.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your support. Your info addressed part of our problem, but we found a setting had been changed in the Generate as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you expound on what setting you changed? It could help others.

Keep in mind that Mozilla pushes out updates like crazy. It's possible that firefox received an update that broke something again.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captiv8r:
I use the Firefox ESR version as dictated by my corporate policy, so it doesn't update particularly frequently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp