• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a powerbook mac OS X 10.11.1 (el capitan) and it's impossible to install flash player

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no flash on my computer, when i want to install it , i put my password and then it's written: failure installation, not writing permission (bad translation from french).

on my preference system , on security and Privacy i autorise to download application from everywhere.

on safari preferences-security- everything is checked

does somebody have an idea to help me?

thanks a lot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peggyn52909479,

Flash Player requires Admin permissions to install.  Is the User Account you are using to install an Adminstrator? 

Please post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum) of the installer window with the error message.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i have an admin account. i open a new cession with also administrator account and it works.

So there is something in my cession who prevents to install it. Do you have an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi peggyn52909479,

By new cession, do you mean created a new Admin account?

It's possible there are some permissions issues with the original user account.  You can try running disk repair and permissions repair.  Note that permissions repair only repairs permissions on system files and not user account files.  If the permissions issues is with the user account repair permissions won't work.  See this for more information: How to Repair User Permissions in Mac OS X.  I post this link for informational purposes only and recommend you investigate the issue further.

Did you upgrade to OS X 10.11 from a previous version or is this a new install (meaning, if you had a previous version you completely wiped out the previous version and perform a new/clean install of OS X 10.11)?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines