• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash installer "fails to connect", can't install

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm constantly getting this error and can't install Flash. After the installer begins, I just keep getting the message, "Connection failed. Click the finish button and restart the install process."

Windows 8.1

Firefox (can't find the version #, but it's the most current)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Thank you for replying, Maria, but I have found a workaround.

From Mozilla's site, I found a different link to download Flash for Firefox, it worked without any issues.

If anyone else has the same issue, the link is on this page:

Flash Plugin - Keep it up to date and troubleshoot problems | Firefox Help

Scroll down to "Installing or Updating Flash", below step 3 there's a little box with a link for those who have trouble with the normal link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi deskofsjn,

I'd like to get some log files from you to troubleshoot further.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? Enable your system for verbose logging and run the installer again.  When the installation fails, gather the files listed (FlashInstall.log, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log) and upload them to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions How to share a document or some other file sharing service of your choosing.  Post the URL to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for replying, Maria, but I have found a workaround.

From Mozilla's site, I found a different link to download Flash for Firefox, it worked without any issues.

If anyone else has the same issue, the link is on this page:

Flash Plugin - Keep it up to date and troubleshoot problems | Firefox Help

Scroll down to "Installing or Updating Flash", below step 3 there's a little box with a link for those who have trouble with the normal link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines