• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what is the "page" used for?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2008 Mar 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find any information in the RoboHelp for HTML help that explains what a "page" is for, and why I would want to use it. Can anyone point me in the direction of an explanation of why you use pages?

I suspect that the use of the page may help me with the XML output from RoboHelp that I need for display within another program. What is need is to export XML to QT Assistant, which cannot make use of the empty book files from RoboHelp and instead requires files to have content. I may have got this wrong, however, and am happy to correspond with anyone who has experience with QTA.

Thanks,
Anne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anne.

I'm not at a PC that has RH on it at the moment - I know may my prize roses be struck down by a thousand locusts - but my thinking is that a page is just a TOC entry. The TOC is just a series of "books" and "pages" that sit within a book. You add a page to the TOC which displays to a topic.

I'll bow to anyone with QTA experience out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum. May your roses stay safe and beautiful!
You may well be right, but I still don't understand. Until now, I have always created topics as part of books, without any need for pages. Why does someone ever need to create a page, if the topic can have the direct connection to the TOC?

Looking forward to your answer (which probably bears no relationship to QTA).

Thanks,
Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In this context topics and pages are one and the same thing.

You create topics. In the TOC you create books and link to pages. The pages are the topics you have created.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp