• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE not even opening

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was loading some new ARCs from edelweiss and the program froze. Closed out and tried to reopen- no bueno. Restarted the computer and tried again, nope. Uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, restarted, tried to open, still didn't open... Would really like to read the new Debbie Macomber and I would like to use this instead of the evil Kindle... (I'm B&N) Help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Start Digital Edition 3.0
Used Shortcut [Ctrl] + [Shift] + for Windows or [Cmd] + [Shift] + for Macintosh.
Then authorize again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closed Digital Edition. Rename the My Digital Edition folder and then open again. Now try to download your eBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work. Downladed 3.0 & it opens but won't let you open any books. Tried re-downloading books but it won't take the authorization, even though I'm logged in. I get activation server error code: E_ADEPT_INTERNAL for previously downloaded or Error! Check Activation. for new downloads...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Digital Edition 3.0
Used Shortcut [Ctrl] + [Shift] + for Windows or [Cmd] + [Shift] + for Macintosh.
Then authorize again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! It worked! Send me your email so I can send you a starbucks card. Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome. Thanks but i need nothing for my help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and your solution didn't work for me.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happend exactly when try the solution steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to re-authorize by using your suggestion:Shortcut [Ctrl] + [Shift] + for Windows but it made no difference.  I am not using Windows 10 (I have Windows 7) and haven't changed anything (that I know of).  The program just freezes and won't open any books I download.  One day, my whole library was gone and since then, I haven't been able to get it to save or open any newly downloaded books.  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing both ADE 3.0 and ADE 4.5 with no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this. Closed Digital Edition. Rename My Digital Edition folder under your Documents and then start again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I renamed the folder.  When I went to open it again the message said there was a newer version available and then it shut down.  When I tried opening it again, it froze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you install the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I didn't get the change before it shut down.  I then tried to open it again and choose not to update.  It also shut down right away.  Should I update it when asked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When its not work, when ignore try to install the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I click on the update option, it shuts down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall installed version and install again with this: Herunterladen | Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not download the 4.5 Version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download ADE 4.5 and I installed it.  When I tried to open a book with it, it froze again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the ADE 3.0 also with the same response.  It opens and then it is non-responsive (same as 4.5).  I have to use the Task Manager to shut it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case the last solution is create a new local user acount Create a local user account in Windows 10 - Windows Help - and try this for Digital Edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean I should get Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry copy the wrong link...right link are: Create a user account - Windows Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well your last solution worked as far as being able to open ADE in a new user account.  I was able to download 2 books and get them onto my Nook.  ADE still doesn't work under my original user account.  It's a bit annoying to have to switch users (back and forth) but I'm happy that I at least can view the books.  Please let me know If you have any other solutions to join these accounts. 

Thank you very much for all your time helping me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines