• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't authorize my new computer because my adobe id was used before. What do I do?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't authorize my computer because my adobe id was used on another computer. That computer has crashed so I can't sign into deauthorize it. I have one email address and of course that was used on my old computer so I'm getting an error message saying "You can only authorize this computer with an Adobe ID that hasn't been previously used to authorize any other computer or mobile devices." What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM - DID YOU EVER GET AN ANSWER - NEITHER THE CHAT OR A PHONE CALL TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT PROVIDED AN ANSWER.  I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE CANNOT SOLVE WHAT MUST BE A FAIRLY COMMON PROBLEM.  IT DOWN'T SPEAK WELL FOR A TECHNOLOGY COMPAY NOT TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE AN ANSWER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Digital Edition.

Press Ctrl + Shift + D.

Accept that should deauthorize.

Then login over help > Computer authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I de-authorize the computer, will I lose all the books I have downloaded through Overdrive on my NOOK>? Also, how can I

de-authorize a computer that is not yet authorized? The one that is authorized does not work, so I cannot de authorize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have open eBooks without a Authorization yes. If you have all eBooks buy with the authorize the deauthorize help to solved the Problem.

de-authorize a computer that is not yet authorized? -> yes, because its a empty authorize in the system. This must remove so that you can authorize digital Edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  But I am not sure I understand your answer re books on my Nook.  Let me ask it again.  If I de-authorize books I have downloaded via Overdrive from my library - will I lose them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I phrased that badly.  What I meant to say:  Will de-authorization cause me to lose those books which I downloaded from the Library through Overdrive on my old computer which no longer works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I de-authorize books I have downloaded via Overdrive from my library - will I lose them? -> No. Only when you have download a eBook bevore you authorize your System.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These books were downloaded on the old computer while it was authorized.  If I de-authorize on my new computer, what happens to those books on my nook from those prior downloads.  Will I have to download them again or will they stay on my nook?  Sorry if I seem stupid, but I just haven't fully understood what you are telling me.  But I appreciate your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ebooks stay on you nook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for helping me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your are Welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the chat as well and had to ask for a manager because the first person didn't know the answer.  He did give a solution.  I think the problem in the process is that it is so counter-intuitive.  You have to go to the new computer and erase the authorization from there (from ADE go to Help on the menubar).  It feels like you are erasing something that the computer never had which is why I hadn't thought of trying it.  Nevertheless, that is what you have to do.  Then you go back to Help and select Authorize Computer.  Simple once you know the answer.

Incidentally if you happened to borrow any items before you finished this authorization process (before you realized there was a problem), you'll have to re-borrow or re-download them into ADE.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I will try it when I finish reading the library books I have downloaded from my old computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines