• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I update the Adobe Flash Player version on my new Samsung Smart TV

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2012 Nov 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I update the Adobe Flash Player version on my new Samsung Smart TV?

I just purchased a Samsung Smart TV. When I try to watch ESPN3, I receive the message: Insufficient Flash Player Requirements.

Clicking to update gives the following information:

Adobe Flash Player version 11.2.202.243.

Your System: Linux 32-bit, Safari.

NOTE: Adobe Flash Player 11.2 will be the last version to target Linux as a supported platform. Adobe will continue to provide security backports to Flash Player 11.2 for Linux.

Select Version To Download:

YUM for Linux (YUM)

.tar.gz for other Linux

.rpm for other Linux

APT for UBUNTU 10.4.

When I select any of the first 3 Linux options, I receive the message: UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD.  When I select APT, I receive the message SERVER NOT FOUND.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Hi,

As I mentioned previously in this thread (posts 15,17, and 37), any Flash Player updates for Smart TVs, if available, would come from the manufacturer, not Adobe, and certainly not from some random website asking you to complete a survey before providing you with a file.  Please contact your Smart TVs manufacturer support for assistance.

Please, please, please, do NOT go to some random website that asks you to complete a survey to get a file.  If you do happen to get a file it'll most likely c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry you are having difficulties. Samsung controls when, how, and what is updatable on their Smart TV's. Please contact Samsung support directly.

I found this link and perhaps it will help you locate the relevant Samsung support contact information.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Regards,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone in reguards to this topic.  We the buyer are currently out of luck. according to a live chat I just had with a samsung rep. it is currently not possible to download the upgrade to the flash player to our smart tvs. When I ask if this would be corrected soon, I was told that it MAY be corrected via a firmware update but they could not say for sure or if so when that might occur.

I am really bummed about this and sorry to be the one to have to pass it on.

Here is the conversation transcript:

Santen: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung tech support. How can I help you today?

Visitor: I am in need of info on which download I need to use to update my blu-ray's flashplayer??

Santen: What is the model number of the player?

Visitor: ht-e5500w

Santen: I am truly sorry; as of now it is not possible to update the flash player on any of the Samsung players.

Santen: Also, I see that your player does not have web-browser.

Santen: Why do you want to update the flash player on your player?

Visitor: I am also sorry then as we will be sending this back. The ability to connect to the internet to play tv/ as well as all other media was a BIG part of why we choose to upgrade to blu-ray at all.

Visitor: ABC says that their content needs a higher player verision.

Santen: I understand your requirement. I can conform you that the player does not have web-browser.

Santen: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Visitor: It has web browser....I got to the site on the blu-ray afterall...but the site will not allow play of its content it gives a message saying that my device needs to download a newer version of adobe flash player.

Santen: I am truly sorry; as of now it is not possible to download flash player on any of the Samsung devices.

Visitor: It even gives 3 versions to download for few...but the bluray seems to block this download...WHY???

Santen: I understand your concern, but it is not possible to install the flash player on your player.

Santen: Samsung may release flash player update through firmware.

Visitor: Very well...will this be corrected soon or should I pack the home theater up for return??

Santen: I am really sorry; we do not have exact information about the future updates. However, I will for ward your feedback to the appropriate department.

Visitor: Thank You for your time and effort.

Santen: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Visitor: Not at this time. Have a nice day.

Santen: Have a great night!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all crap. Adobe says it's the TV manufacturer and Samsung, LG and other say it's Adobe. They're throwing balls at each other, confusing the heck out of us the buyers. I bought a smart TV, specifically to stream my cable from the provider website and not have to connect cable box and wires and stuff. Only to know that my smart TV browser will not support Flash. You go to the store, they tell you if you don't have the app, you can stream from browser. TV support people say Adobe is not providing updates to smart TVs anymore. You ask Adobe, they tell you it's the TV factory that controls what's allowable. CRAP!! It's all about money, making you download apps, or buy others devices. Why not make Flash site specific on smart TV at least and save us the B.S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ambler555, any luck clearing up this problem? I am having the same one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am having the same problems and it is now 2014. I contacted my cable tv company and spoke to 3 people who told me since Adobe is a third party, there is nothing they can do. I contacted Samsung who told me there is nothing they can do because the tv is updated. And now I see others have been having the same problem going back to 2012. Any solutions yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chat InformationPlease wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat InformationYou  are now chatting with 'Camerin'. There will be a brief survey at the  end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Chat InformationYour Issue ID for this chat is LTK1117901377736X

Camerin: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung technical support. How may I assist you?

Visitor: Hello Camerin

Camerin: Hello. How may I assist you?

Visitor: I just bought a UN32EH5300 Smart TV and want to download Adobe Flash player

Visitor: So far it has not allowed me to do so

Camerin: Thank you for the Model Number. I will be glad to assist you.

Camerin: Is this a Samsung recommended app?

Visitor: I was told pre-purchase by store staffer that this model has both abrowser AND Flash

Visitor: I don't know. I have used the browser but upon attempting to "update" Flash I had no success.

Camerin: The TV support Web browser .

Visitor: The browser works. But websites such as the ABC network require a Flash player update.

Camerin: I don't see Adobe Flash player a recommended app for your TV?

Visitor: I can't say. But this is a key issue.

Camerin: The  TV installs only the Samsung recommended apps, since Adobe Flash player  is not a recommended app for this TV, your not able to update it.

Visitor: So how does one watch ABC shows available online ?

Camerin: The TV has 10.1 Adobe Flash player inbuilt. So any source needs more than 10.1 Flash player will not be played.

Camerin: That could be a reason why the ABC shows are not being played on your TV.

Visitor: Is there any firmware available to modify that limitation ?

Camerin: I am afraid; As of now there is no update available.

Visitor: I see. I will have to return the unit to the store.

Camerin: Can I help you with anything else?

Visitor: Yes. Does the evolution kit alter this limitation,

Visitor: and shouldn't the box contain an i.r. blaster ?

Camerin: I am afraid ; The evolution kit is available only for 7500 and higher series.

Visitor: I see. That will be all, Camerin. Thank you.

Camerin: There is no IR blaster available for the TV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe is it possisble update by pendrive ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing this in 2015 and I have the 8-series Samsung Smart TV. I am locked to Flash Player 10.1 aswell so I can't do anything that requires flash.

Sites like YouTube are now using <video> in HTML5, but it's not mainstream and most sites still use Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

visit Smart TV Flash Player - Download

and copy and paste the extracted files on USB in a folder[not in subfolder] and plug the USB in your TV

>choose Software update>select USB and wait for it.......!

You're done and welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link isn't working anymore, can you please email me the zip file or share it in google drive? [removed personal information]. Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone post, send or put up in dropbox or google drive the file? I have tried getting the file by filling out survey after survey from smarttvflash.com but It never sends me to download page to download item. Please email to [removed personal information]

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I would appreciate it if someone could email the smart tv flash file. You have to do a survey to download and I don't trust surveys! My email [removed personal information]. thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sumeet,

I have Samsung Smart TV. i could not view some web video in web it say to update flash player . Could you please send me SmartFlash as compressed file . I could not get SmartFlash from it website when i click download button nothing happen.

this is my e-mail address [removed personal information]

Many Thanks and best Regards.

Digu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone post, send or put up in dropbox or google drive the file? I have tried getting the file by filling out survey after survey from smarttvflash.com but It never sends me to download page to download item. Please email to [removed personal information]

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to this site (visit Smart TV Flash Player - Download) and did everything requested (Several surveys completed) and still no download link.

Can someone help me and tell me how to get this download, even better if someone could email it to me.

<deleting personal email address due to privacy issues>

This is very frustrating.

Thanks for any help you can offer

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi randalldavis,

Adobe does not have any Flash Player installers for SmartTVs.  As per my previous post, you'll need to contact Samsung for this issue.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link isn't working, can you please email me the zip file? [removed personal information]. Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also got new Samsung Smart Tv and have problem with flash player. As paskippy said link is not working anymore, could you send file to me as well [removed personal information]

Regards,

Kris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Just bought samsung ue 55 js9000, an update from my ue48 H7500 and suddenly I can't watch certain sites because flash player does not support the new Tizen browser, is it too much to ask that these companies allow their "new" products at least do what their previous models did. My new TV has no I.r. Feed to turn on my sat box, instead relying on a universal remote feature which doesn't work with my sat. Box. I'm currently waiting while my smart hub has been reset, wait an hour and try the browser again, personally I think it won't make any difference and when I ring back I am sure she'll have gone home and I'll have to start again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Any Flash Player updates for Samsung Smart TVs, if available, would come from Samsung, not Adobe.  Please contact Samsung support for assistance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Called Samsung support.....they are sending me the thumb drive with Flash on it for my Samsung tv.  Wish they would post it on their website. Would have been nice.......Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you can pass that file on? seems weird they would only send it in a thumb drive...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines