• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open books borrowed from the Library on my ereader

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at my wits end.  I have used an ereader (Kobo) for years with no problem.  I download books through Overdrive and have always been able to transfer to my Kobo.  Now when I tried to do so I see a window saying Oops.  content protected by DRM.  Both my ereader and Adobe Digital Editions have the same account and adobe ID.  On the adivce of Overdrive I removed ADE from my computer and downloaded an earlier edition (ADE 1.7) I tried downloading another book and when I tried to transfer it to my ereader I get a window saying "Problem with document's License.  E_ADEPT_CORE_ACTIVATION-TOKEN_SIGNATURE           Document is licensed for a different user account"

I can't understand why this is happening.  I had not made any changes to my computer prior to this problem.  I have done a Factory Reset on my Kobo and have uninstalled ADE and reinstalled both the current and previous editions.  I would rely like to talk to someone about this but can't find a way.  Please HELP.                    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Digital Edition.
Press ctrl + shift + d (windows) or cmd + shift +d (Macintosh)
accept that should remove the authorize.

Then again authorize under help > Computer authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and tried  above solution but it did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which error message you get? Which point of solution do not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says I do not have permission to copy the book. I did all the troubleshooting you suggested i.e. unauthorized my computer and then reauthorized it as well as my kobo. I was able to download the book to the Kobo but then when I try to open it, it says it's not authorized. I never had any issues using my Kobo before I got a new computer and installed windows 10. At least that's the way it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the eBook limited only for one Device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by being "limited to one device" but if you mean is this the only computer I download to it from, yes it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am soooo frustrated with this program. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled. Unauthorized it and reauthorized. Nothing works!!! It all seems to have become an issue since getting a new computer and upgrading to windows 10. Is that possible??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem. No help found from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That you can read the eBook only to this device how has first open!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot  read the ebook on my computer either..it says"no record of this book on this computer"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try you it on the first device how has download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the eBook without a error on the first device how you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still am not sure what you mean. I download to this computer and then I can not read it on the computer or transfer it to my kobo. Even though it moves from the public library site into the library on ADE its like it does not exist.There is just the picture but no book. Am I answering what you are asking???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines