• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Installer has a problem and needs to close.

Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 12 year old laptop (HP nx9005) with 1 GB of RAM running XP Home Edition. I have downloaded the Flash Player installer (flashplayer19_ha_install.exe). When I run this installer it encounters a problem after a few seconds and a Microsoft dialogue box appears saying the program had a problem and needs to close, and asks if I want to send a report to Microsoft. As XP is no longer supported, there seems little point in sending the report.

The information about the problem is:

AppName: flashplayer19_ha_install.exe    

AppVer: 2.0.0.65    

ModName: flashplayer19_ha_install.exe

ModVer: 2.0.0.65    

Offset: 0000599b

I have done a complete clean install of XP using the original disks that came with the laptop. I have also downloaded the installer three times from www.adobe.com. Each time I get the same error. Installers for other products such as the antivirus package all work.

The CPU is an AMD Athlon XP2000+.

Any suggestions to get Flash Player installed will be gratefully received.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Hi str8chat

Are you running Windows XP with SP1 or SP2?  If so, try using the offline/standalone installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi str8chat

Are you running Windows XP with SP1 or SP2?  If so, try using the offline/standalone installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I have installed SP2 and SP3 on a clean install of XP. I will look for the offline installer and try that.

Thanks, Richard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi str8chat,

The online installer should work on the SP3 system, but not the SP2 system.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

It was XP with SP3 I was running when the online installer encountered the problem. I suspect that there is something in the 12+ year old architecture which the installer could not handle. It did not get as far as attempting the main download of the player.

I have downloaded the standalone versions both for Internet Explorer (I have installed version 8) and Firefox (I have the latest version), and both these worked correctly.

This particular laptop feels very slow by modern standards, but it only has a single core processor compared with the dual and quad core CPUs in my other machines.

Thank you for your help.

Richard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi str8chat,

The issue is most likely with SSL, but I'm surprised it's happening on SP3 (if that is the issue).  SP1 and SP2 have older SSL support that doesn't work with the online installer, as the online installer downloads the Flash Player silently over SSL.  Your SP3 should have the newer SSL support. We can confirm by looking at the log files for the online installer.  The online installer log files are saved at C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserID>\Local Settings\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs. If you still have them, you can upload them to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? or some other file sharing service and provide the link to the files in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Maria,

I was doing the clean install and loading useful software including Flash Player as I was preparing the laptop to go to a charity. Unfortunately it is no longer in my possession.

Richard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi str8chat,

No worries.  Thanks for replying.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines