• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I downgrade to an older flash version?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to downgrade to an older version of flash because my machine only has a 2.08ghz processor and the current version requires 2.33ghz. Every time I try to install an older version, the program kindly informs me that I am installing an outdated version, and redirects me to their website without the option to continue. Why is this??? Is there any way around it? Also, does anyone know the latest version my machine will support?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thomasl75502018,

2.33ghz has been the recommended processor ever since Flash Player 10.2.  Flash Player 10.2 is many years old, has not been updated with any security fixes, and will most likely be blocked by all major browsers since major browsers are known to block older versions of Flash Player.

Flash Player should still work fine on your system, however, depending on what content you're viewing, or games being played, you may experience performance issues. If you're not experiencing performance issues, there's no reason to downgrade to an older, unsafe version of Flash Player.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria, I absolutely need to downgrade, I can view exactly zero video content on my pc, I am 100% sure the incompatible flash is the cause of the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thomasl75502018,

What OS and browser versions are you using?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version of firefox running on 32bit windows xp, 2.08ghz processor 960mb ram and I don't believe the machine is x86 compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@thomasl75502018

It seems I missed you're reply.  I apologize.  If you're Windows XP is 32-bit then it's x86-compatible.  Previous versions of Flash Player are posted at Archived Adobe Flash Player versions.  You'll first need to run the uninstaller, posted at Uninstall Flash Player | Windows‌, before you can downgrace.  I really don't recommend installing Flash Player 10.2.  Not only is it extremely outdated and doesn't have any security fixes, but most modern browsers will block it due to it being so old, and unsecure.

@orkunç44996145

Google integrateds Flash Player in Chrome and updates are released via Chrome updates.  To revert to an older version of Flash Player in Chrome would require downgrading your version of chrome.  I'm not aware of a way to downgrade Chrome.  I've actually looked for older versions of Chrome and have not found the link to them.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ä° think i have the same issue . But my laptop is overheating since September or August ... around there . Ä° want to downgrade . How can a healthy laptop can overheat while its being used by extra fans and dust cleaning regularly ? Plus only thing im using on my laptop is google chrome no viruses no hardware issues just got checked only thing changed is Adobe Flash Player version . Ä° would be appreciated if you could help me . Ä°t is clearly i am having problems with Adobe Flash Player 19

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooooooooooooo much . Ä° can quit using chrome and start using another browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi orkunç44996145,

While we do post previous version of Flash it's not recommended to install older versions unless absolutely necessary.  If you're going to use a different browser, I recommend installing the latest version (from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer) before downgrading to an older unsecure version. It's also possible that the browser will block the older version.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines