• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm running Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.0 on my desktop. When I transfer a book to my NOOK using this ADE version, my NOOK can't open it. Instead, I'm told that "This book has been returned. Loan not on record." I've only started having this problem in

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.0 on my desktop.  When I transfer a book to my NOOK using this ADE version, my NOOK can't open it.  Instead, I'm told that "This book has been returned.  Loan not on record."  I've only started having this problem in the most recent download of ADE 4.5.  What's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the eBook in Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ... I can open the eBook in Digital Edition.  I've already tried removing the authorization and then reauthorizing my computer.  The interesting thing is that right now I can transfer and open a different eBook, but the one that I've been trying to get onto my NOOK for 2 days ... that one I still have the problem with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to deauthorize your Reader and authorize again with your Adobe ID. Then try to move the file new to the Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've considered deauthorizing the NOOK and then reauthorizing it, but can't figure out how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have connect the reader to the Windows.
start digital edition

press ctrl + shift + e

accept that should remove authorization

then authorize again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK ... i've erased the authorization for the NOOK.  Now ... how do I authorize it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When connect the Reade to the Device Digital Edition should ask if should authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE didn't ask about authorizing the NOOK.  However, I figured it out ... used the "settings" icon above NOOK on the left side of the screen and now am good to go as far as that's concerned.

However, the original problem still remains.  I again downloaded the book that I wanted, moved it to the NOOK, and then was told on the NOOK that the book had previously been returned and hadn't been borrowed.

I'll just use my wife's PC to download this particular book and any others that I have a problem with in the future.  I don't think there's any value in continuing to try to resolve this issue.  Personally, I think that ADOBE has a problem with its software in Version 4.5.0.

Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same thing for me....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines