Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Properties

Mar 17, 2008 Mar 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you can assign different window properties to the appearance of a topic accessed from the TOC, it seems like you would be able to assign a windows property to a topic in its topic properties, but I don't see how. Can you do this? You can assign a style sheet and template to topics individually. Either I'm missing something or the windows option would be nice to have in the product and arguably should already be there. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Style Council,

In compiled HTML Help (.chm) at least, and I'd expect in most browser-based formats as well, this is a limitation of the format that no help authoring tool can work around. HTML Help provides no option explicitly to associate a topic with a particular window type. This is in contrast to the old WinHelp (.hlp) format, which did permit you to bind a topic to a specific window.

When targetting a topic in an HTML Help file, whether as a help author or as an application developer, you must always specify the required window if you want to open the topic in a non-default window.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete,

Thanks very much. I feared this from some previous questions I had about secondary window-like jumps. I guess I'm still stuck on the old secondary windows we used as procedure files in Winhelp.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Pete,

Thanks very much. I feared this from some previous questions I had about secondary window-like jumps. I guess I'm still stuck on the old secondary windows we used as procedure files in Winhelp.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp