• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

activation server error

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried now to open one of my digital books to read I get the message of "Activation Server Error" "Code: E_ACT_NOT_READY".  Digital Editions encountered an error on the activation server.  And they say I must click the "Try again" button.  But that button is not working.

I upgrade my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10.  I also try to deactivate the activation but the message is the same.  "Activation Server Error"

Can I please get support on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Digital Edition.
Press ctrl + shift + d and accept that want deauthorize.
Then enter your Logindata under help > authorize computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It 's not working.  I already try this action that you suggested.  I need another support please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On which point the solution not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to open a digital edition I get the message: " Activation Server Error.  Code: E_ACT-NOT-READY"  "Digital Editions encountered an error on the activation server". The try again button also not working.  Then I tried to de-authorize the activation after I looked that I am authorize to read the editions.  The message that I get for the de-activation said: "Unable to Erase Authorization.  Please try after some time.  Now this some time stretch over three days.

I were able to read the digital editions with my laptop with windows 8.1. I upgrade now to windows 10 and Adobe also sent me a upgrade which I did (4.5).  That was about two to three weeks ago when I did the upgrade.  And it is now that I experience the problem with the authorization.

On my PC which is still windows XP I don't have that problem.  I can still read the editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky,  Thx for support.

I follow your instructions up to point 8.  When I right click there the option for delete is not highlighted so I cannot delete.

Any other suggestions?

Hilda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To remove a key you must have the pemissions for this. Do you login as Admin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, now you must give me more details because I did not this before

Hilda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try to login as Admin and repeat the steps. Then its should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky.  thx for the support.  I appreciate it very much.  I try your instructions again and it works.

Lovely day for you.

Hilda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines