• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

soure file can't be read

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the following error when I try to download Flash Player. Firefox, Windows 7 . 

Flash Player Error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a suggestion for me to try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea, try this and save yourself a headache; hopefully.

Adobe Flash Updater download | SourceForge.net

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All this did was to close firefox. Adobe Flash still not installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you did not try my suggestion?

In order to update flashplayer a whole host of processes need to be closed or it will result in failure.

I will name a few out of a long list.

1) firefox.exe

2) plugin-container.exe

3) skype.exe

4) flashplayer*.exe

what i am trying to say is that some of the process are linked to others like plugin-conatiner.exe is linked to Firefox, and flashplayer*.exe is linked to plugin-container.exe and others,

Specifically try this BAT file: http://sourceforge.net/projects/adobeflashupdater/files/BAT%20version/downloadFlash_PS_muchFaster.cm...

It is designed to kill off a host of processes associated with Adobe flash. Remember to RIGHT MOUSE CLICK and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I got when I tried the BAT file. Run as administrator.

Slide1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you do not have powershell installed....

Adobe Flash Updater download | SourceForge.net

press the green button.RUN IT.. If Flash still does not work go back and choose browse all files and then choose fix permissions, download, run and reboot, try installing flash via file from the green button again. If it still don't work, well your system is borked up.

these are 64 bit binaries only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A possible reason could be the Download Manager for Mozilla is disabled. Try opening about:plugins‌‌‌, as simply viewing the list of installed plugins may resolve the issue. If that doesn't work, completely exit the application‌‌ and delete the file "compreg.dat", located in the <installation directory‌‌>\components folder (it will be regenerated) and try installing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right clicked on firefox shortcut / Opened file location / Opened "Components" Folder / only thing in it is " nsIQTScriptablePlugin,xpt

I also tried your other suggestion. Still getting same error.And I don't see Flash Player listed as a plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi todd27863,

Are you able to download other programs and launch them without issue?

I'd like to look at the online installer log files.  The files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, are saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs.  Please upload both files to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions How to share a document or a file sharing service of your choice.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I see in this folder is an "AdobeARM.log" file 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you don't have an Adobe_ADMLogs directory inside the TEMP directory it indicates the failure is happening early in the process before anything is logged.  I've not seen this issue before and have forwarded it to the team responsible for the online installer.

In the meantime, please use the offline/standalone installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section.  There are 3 installers for various browsers.  If you use multiple browsers you'll want to download the installers for the various browsers you use.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines